Have I got more chance of plaiting ****?

Rumpelkillskins

Reaction score
have I got more chance of plaiting **** than Audi releasing the RS3 saloon with a manual???!!

As much as I love my S3 i sometimes think I would have enjoyed the manual more?! there wasn't one available to test drive at the dealer at the time. Maybe I should have gone further afield to try one I guess. I think the auto is great but when I'm looking to upgrade, not sure if il be able to stay with Audi if it's only autos. Plus a Mk1 R8 manual is becoming increasingly more affordable, although at a serious loss of practicality!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes
I would have already bought any new RS3 if it had a manual, hence manual S3.

Reactions: Rumpelkillskins
Yes but lets not open that can of worms........................
Punters should buy what they prefer, FWIW I don't commute in mine and whilst testing a DSG S3 for about 2 hours before buying my manual there were 3 times it did something I thought was the wrong thing at the wrong time whilst in auto mode, IF i commuted or did a lot of stop start driving then I would buy the DSG.

I think the days of any RS with a manual have gone, I would probably have bought a new TTRS if there was a manual but again no go.

Reactions: Matt Titanium
I don't commute in mine either, but had an A5 with dsg in for a bit, got used to it and quite liked it. Il have to get road testing some I reckon, see how I feel when lease is up! Maybe the missus will sack off kids and let me have a Cayman!

Reactions: Scottyg
Plus a Mk1 R8 manual is becoming increasingly more affordable, although at a serious loss of practicality!
Do it, sod practicality. If it can get you, the wife/mistress/GF plus a handbag in the "boot" then life will be sweeeeet. :yes:

Reactions: pburv and Rumpelkillskins
My RS3 is DSG of course and the wife has a manual S3. I've driven both many times and prefer the DSG. Coming from someone who swore blind to never ever own a DSG that is saying something.

TX.

Reactions: pburv, zippster, Richierich37 and 5 others
We are all individuals and thank goodness have different preferences. So just because some prefer orange juice with all the bits left in doesn't mean that some one who prefers it without is odd, wrong or disillusioned.

I'm not suggesting that any one has claimed any of the above, but having been on here for donkeys years I just know it's where it'll end up.

Personally I prefer blondes................:footy:

Reactions: pburv, Zak0123, CHEZ and 6 others
My lease will be close to ending when the RS3 saloon comes out, so will just go road testing anything and everything...:racer:...P1 anyone?!!

Reactions: pburv and Jcbmally
Unlikely to see any new RS cars with a manual box I would have thought. People expect flappy paddles, auto blip downshifts , launch control and almost seamless shifts on modern high performance cars.
Personally I feel more involved driving a manual car, and when these modern boxes go wrong they cost big money to fix. Saying that the latest 8 speed ZF boxes popping up on a lot of cars these days seem quite good. However this gearbox is for longitudinal installations not transverse like the A3 , TT etc.
Just thought the RS1 is possibly going to be available with a manual box
https://www.carwow.co.uk/news/2017-audi-rs1-price-specs-release-date-3087

Reactions: pburv, Rumpelkillskins and Scottyg
Unlikely to see any new RS cars with a manual box I would have thought. People expect flappy paddles, auto blip downshifts , launch control and almost seamless shifts on modern high performance cars.
Personally I feel more involved driving a manual car, and when these modern boxes go wrong they cost big money to fix. Saying that the latest 8 speed ZF boxes popping up on a lot of cars these days seem quite good. However this gearbox is for longitudinal installations not transverse like the A3 , TT etc.
Just thought the RS1 is possibly going to be available with a manual box
https://www.carwow.co.uk/news/2017-audi-rs1-price-specs-release-date-3087
+1 for the ZF 8 speed, cracking box. I've had one manual car in the last 7/8 car, never again. Then again my backs goosed so auto is a god send. Since I'll need to go to a higher seated car/small SUV next time the new 2017 Countryman Cooper S/SD has said ZF box and is a big step up in quality from the MK1. That decisions a year away so onwards with the sublime S-Tronic it is.
IMG 1116

Reactions: pburv and Jassyo06
Rs1 is defo worth a road test too, I heard the s1 was a lot of fun, if a lil pricey, but hey it's got 4 rings on it...

Reactions: pburv and Jcbmally
Pointless......Thread......A manual S3 come the new car....wont even be a option never mind a Manual RS3,Stick shifts from performance VAG cars are soon to be thing of the past
We are all individuals and thank goodness have different preferences. So just because some prefer orange juice with all the bits left in doesn't mean that some one who prefers it without is odd, wrong or disillusioned.

I'm not suggesting that any one has claimed any of the above, but having been on here for donkeys years I just know it's where it'll end up.

Personally I prefer blondes................:footy:

Oh really..... @steeve here ye GO.....lol
Men in drah
both with a stick shift lol

Last edited:
Reactions: pburv, davc, desertstorm and 3 others