S4 Insurance Cost

Grubb

Reaction score
I didn't want to burden the ordered thread.
Anyone got a quote on the arriving S4.
Mine is £254. 48yo, 8yrs ncd and £550 excess. Seems reasonable to me as the current b8 3.0 tdi with dtuk is £335
With LV

Last edited:
Reactions: scotty76
I didn't want to burden the ordered thread.
Anyone got a quote on the arriving S4.
Mine is £254. 48yo, 8yrs ncd and £550 excess. Seems reasonable to me as the current b8 3.0 tdi with dtuk is £335
With LV

I was quoted £350 38yo, 9+ years ncd with £500 excess but that was with existing insurer direct line, it was cheaper if I went elsewhere. Best bit is it's £200 cheaper than my S3.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: xpoweruk and Grubb
After the comedy efforts of my insurer last week (first two people I spoke to insisted there was no such thing as a new S4, as the only model on their system went out of production last yr), I finally managed to speak to someone at the weekend who knew what they were doing.......

£379 for me - 38yo, more ncb than insurers bother to count & £350 excess. A whole £3 uplift on my current SQ5 for the rest of the policy yr through to July.

Reactions: Brasso and Grubb
Christ, I've been quoted £700 for 6 years NCB, advanced driver & clean licence.

Mines sub 300. All depends on your mileage and postcode really.

Reactions: Brasso
I wish, 33, married, 2 kids, no crashes, no points... clearly the insurance companies don't like me!

Changed my existing insurance over today. I got £50 back so with 3 months to go on the existing policy it'll pay for a tank of fuel, £250 excess.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Which companies have people been using. Ive been quoted nearer £900!!!

30, 11 years NCB, one non fault accident in 2013. Do have a london postcode tho and for 13000 miles a year.

Institute or Advanced motorists charged about £500 for me in a North East postcode at 10k a year with an under 30 named driver.

Only one underwriter would insure due to my wife's age and value / PS of the car.

Just called Adrian Flux and it's £2700!!! Like wtf. Am I that bad a driver.

Reactions: Grubb
Just called Adrian Flux and it's £2700!!! Like wtf. Am I that bad a driver.

I've had 11 points to declare at one point and never even had a premium quote that high for my previous cars!

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
I've had 11 points to declare at one point and never even had a premium quote that high for my previous cars!

I have a clean driving licence. Parking on the road might be the issue but still! There a neighbour with an S6 Saloon who parks outside to.

I have a clean driving licence. Parking on the road might be the issue but still! There a neighbour with an S6 Saloon who parks outside to.

My insurance quotes actually go down if I say it's parked on the road rather than in a driveway (never tried the garage because that's where the bike lives instead). I've heard that's because car thieves don't know for certain which house may have the keys in it so less likely to be stolen but I don't know how true that is.

37yo, full NCB - 19 years, £325 excess, £232 With Admiral MultiCar