dead temp gauge, new thermostat, no codes please help

dantheman1

Reaction score
i recently bought a 06 a3 quattro with the 2.0t fsi engine. when i test drove the car the temperature gauge didn't go up but i assumed it was because my test drive wasn't very long. after reading on here and some other forums i decided to change the thermostat, which turned out to be a massive pain. anyway after finishing i filled her up with coolant and when for a little drive and the gauge is still dead. anyway i plugged in my scanner and the coolant temp only read 33c which surely it should be at least 85/90ish? also are there two temp sensors on this engine, one in the right side of the engine and one below the thermostat? any help would be massively appreciated thanks.

I had a temperature gauge problem on a 04 reg Leon I once had so I changed the coolant temp sensor and that sorted it so I'd say that's worth a try and not expensive. I couldn't tell you where it would be situated on the a3 though

alright ive got a sensor which i will replace tomorrow so il see if that sorts it out. im not not sure if theres a separate sensor for the gauge or not. thanks for the reply

alright ive got a sensor which i will replace tomorrow so il see if that sorts it out. im not not sure if theres a separate sensor for the gauge or not. thanks for the reply

Where is the one you're referring to? On the Leon I had it was in amongst the engine somewhere and it was held in with a clip