Dealers estimated delivery seems too long

Daniel Gorton

Reaction score
I've been tracking my s1 now for over a week after I finally managed to get a tracking number from the lease company. And it went into production, a week later than originally stated, on the 28th Nov. I first tracked it about 10 days ago and it had already left ingolstadt. However yesterday I get an email from the lease company straight from newcastle audi saying that estimated delivery time will be 3-4 weeks.
Why is there such a long delay between leaving factory and delivery. Especially after its already been out of factory for over 10 days. Is this just a vague estimation they give or do they know something I don't?

Thought I'd ask because from other people's threads people seem to wait less than 4 weeks after its left the factory

Thanks for any help

4 weeks from factory release to delivery is about right, so 3-4 weeks minus 10 days is not unreasonable for them to suggest.
Negotiating trains in Europe, 2 ports and a lorry in the U.K. the time all adds up.
Also, when the tracker says it's left the factory that is not actually true, it goes to that state once it is ready to leave, it may sit at the factory waiting for a train for a few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't worry i'm in the same boat, or is that a train?

Mine was the same. That was the longest part for me. Also they shut down for 2weeks over Christmas i hesrd

Not heard that but my invoice is for 12/1/2017 so you might be right.

Mine was the same. That was the longest part for me. Also they shut down for 2weeks over Christmas i hesrd
Does the factory shutting over Christmas affect cars already at the port waiting to be shipped?

Shouldn't do

I hope so! It's been out the factory for nearly 3 weeks but still isn't on a boat. So with Christmas only a week away I was hoping it'd at least get shipped over beforehand so it's at least in the country

Mines been on the boat for the best part of a week! looks like it's the slow boat to China, pleased tho as to the timing of things.

The system only updates on a Tues and Fri so it may have been shipped but you won't see it til Tues. I have no idea why they can't have real time info!!

Wow that's stupid but thanks for letting me know. Stops me checking it every day to no avail.

Ah you will tho! it's a bit like looking at the " do not touch wet paint" sign. You never know they might sneak it off the boat onto the back of the transporter lorry in the dead of the night....and you'll miss it!

According to the tracker mines landed in the uk.
Lucky you! What build date was yours? Mine is still sat at the docks according to the tracker. But a ship did come into tyne last night and I'm just hoping the tracker hasn't been update for mine and it's on that one.

19/10/2016 i think. Was told it would be ready for collection at dealership mid Jan beginning of Feb so ahead of schedule. Emailed dealer this morning as regards private plate etc and never even replied. From what i've experienced so far very poor communication from them.

Mine's here according to the tracker. Not be confirmed by the dealer, salesman on a weeks holiday. Did phone them saying not to register it as i have a private plate.
On a point to note, boy those audi dealers are very hard work! i've bought one i'll defect back to VW in 2018 when the new golf is unveiled.

Well checked the tracker today and it's in the UK! Status 40. Had an email from dealer saying it's going to be 7-10 days to get the car to their before I can arrange to collect it. Soooo close now.... I want my car!!

Seen mine with my own eyes at the dealers today. Gave them my paperwork and due to pick up on the 7th January. Hard to tell what it was like still covered down "A" pillars with wrapping paper and thone sponge pads. I was more excited with the mosano red black roof s line sportback in the showroom...darn think ave bought the wrong colour!