Dashcam fuse designation help

monkeyhanger

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I spent a few hours today fitting a new Thinkware F770 front and back dashcam, and all is well except for powering the unit. The passenger side of the car seems to have a dearth of fuses (only the brown holder is present and partially populated, so I thought i'd run the ignition switched live and permanent live through to the drivers side. I only have the larger type of piggy back fuse holders, so without having to go and get a small fuse type one, i'm a bit stuck as to the best fuses to pick.

I was given to understand that the brown "B" fuse holder contained all the ignition switched fuses, so went to piggyback into the large fuse running up the side of the main brown block, designated cigar lighter. This seems to be permanently on in the 2015 A1 1.6TDI Sport. Continuous mode is working without the ignition being on. Can anyone help?

Also, the trim that the passenger side front seatbelt pops through - any ideas how to pop that off? I have an unsightly gap between the top of it and the headlining - the front-back camera cable isn't tucking very well as that bit of trim seems to have a deep lip on it.

Thanks!