2.0 TFSI Revo remap advice

B Man

Reaction score
So I'm hoping to get a Revo remap soon and wanted to know what health checks should be carried out before the map. I previously had a golf mk5 gti stage 1 by R tec and they changed my DV and PCV before the remap.
It was pushing a healthy 250bhp and I would have gone back to them but they can't remap my car cos is permanent 4wd and their dyno is 2wd. Anyway I'm hoping to benefit from a Revo voucher but just wanted to know:
1. what health checks are required?
2. I'll get a oil change before the remap but recommended by many tuners to use 5w 40 oil rather than 5w 30 after a remap given it's a TFSI plus I do approx 5-7k per year. Thoughts?
Finally, has anyone dyno'd their car after Revo remap? If so, what was the bhp?
Thanks

I had a Revo stage on my 2.0 TFsi quattro avant and Alex at Aks tuning reckoned it had around 280BHP which is a great improvement over stock. From what I remember this engine has no issues with Dv and PCV, like you I had both changed on my mk5 golf gti.
I used Millers 5w 40 in my Audi as recommended again by Aks and had no issues with oil consumption especially after I had the well known piston fix :). You will notice a real difference once done! Enjoy ;-) Sold mine this year and purchased an S4 avant with stage 1. Next stage 1+ in the new year!

cool. must be night and day difference bettween the 2.0 tfsi and S4!

Don't get me wrong stage 1 2.0 TFsi is pretty quick but the S4 with stage 1 is a different league! 400bhp and the power just keeps on coming, before you know it you are in three figures!!!

next level. but back to me little remap-is there anything else I should be wary of with these remapped engines?

Other than the well documented piston issue,no. Has yours been fixed?

yep, mine's fixed. The car's got 32k on the clock. Seems well looked cared for but just needs more power! I'm hoping a remap will do the trick.

Good news, had my map done at 98k!

Huh?! That's brave. I remember many years ago I remapped my golf mk4 gt tdi and it had highish mileage and ended up blowing my turbo racing a corsa vxr lol. I don't think the remap was v good. A revo remap on the other hand...but I said to myself I won't remap a car if it's over 90k.

Piston fix at 98k so not really an issue as engine was pretty much new