Service Plan - What are you paying & is it worth it?

Ormesome

Reaction score
Hey guys,

My A3 1.6tdi is 3yrs old in April and currently on 37k miles. Having the 2nd service done next week (major) and have been looking into a Service Plan. I will be in the Somerset area so using Marshals Audi. Service is booked in for 20th next week and was told that figures could be discussed then. The options seem to be:

1) 3 services part of the Plan - Excluding the one on 20th. Service every 19k miles or there abouts. (long life)

2) 3 services part of the Plan - Including the one on 20th - Pay a deposit and rest at monthly figures to cover the future services. (long life too)

The lady on the phone told me the norm is around £25 per month which seems steep to me. i guess its a 2yr payment plan if i choose this so that would mean £600 for 3 services.

What do you guys think? could you give me some normal figures you are paying as the Audi website doesn't give quotes for cars under 3yrs old. As prices for services go down after your car is 3yrs old it looks like i might only save £47. Worth it? Guess ill be committed to it if i take the option so I'm not vitally convinced! any advice would be great :)

I paid for a service plan when I bought the car - £399 for 3 years. On fixed servicing, so ave £133 per service. I thought that was pretty good.
They withdrew that with the next edition of the brochure, so I assume that Audi thought it was too good as well!!

Reactions: Ormesome
When you look at BMWs and MINIs TLC, Audi looks extremely expensive!!

Reactions: Ormesome and Retroman
When you look at BMWs and MINIs TLC, Audi looks extremely expensive!!
Totally agree, my wife paid around half that for a follow-on Mini TLC scheme - it's a petrol car so it involves a set of platinum spark plugs. It won't cover things like brake pads.

Five year TLC is £199 for normal serviceable items or nowt if you haggle!!! BMWs version is £399 for 5 years. Makes Audi's look ridiculously expensive!!

£9 a month for my A4 over three years, pleasantly surprised it is cheaper than my A3 was at £15 a month over four years. My ford focus was £22 a month over three...

Awesome cheers for the replies guys. Would be useful to hear of other peoples experiences/prices as Audi price match so any other info to bombard them with would be great.