Standard sound system help please

Benji grey

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm currently just getting stuff together to add a built in sub to my a3 and change door speakers and amplify it all. I have read about coding. The head unit and that's cool but does anyone have the tech spec for the standard system? Like power outputs and that? Or main does anyone know the watts per channel from out the head unit?

Also does any one know what size the front door speakers are

Here is an *** system diagram. Do a search on this site as there is some good info there on upgrading the *** system, but it is a daunting task and requires a lot of technical expertise and deep pockets

Upload 2016 12 14 8 40 54

Reactions: Jassyo06
Here is an *** system diagram. Do a search on this site as there is some good info there on upgrading the *** system, but it is a daunting task and requires a lot of technical expertise and deep pockets

View attachment 112329
Thank you mate, I'm looking for me the standard system tho would you have something Simlair for that? I have been searching about but not the best joy so far

Speakers for PR code 8RM (Passive 8-speaker setup) are as follows:

Front Door (Main) - 4 ohm 20W (8V0035415C)
Front Door (Tweeter) - 8 ohm 10W (8V0035398A)
Rear Door (Main) - 4 ohm 20W (8V0035411D)
Rear Door (Tweeter) - 4 ohm 20W (8V0035399D)

Speakers for PR code 8RM (Passive 8-speaker setup) are as follows:

Front Door (Main) - 4 ohm 20W (8V0035415C)
Front Door (Tweeter) - 8 ohm 10W (8V0035398A)
Rear Door (Main) - 4 ohm 20W (8V0035411D)
Rear Door (Tweeter) - 4 ohm 20W (8V0035399D)
Wicked that a a great help mate thanks

Anyone added an amp to there system yet, just interested where they have ran power cable though bulk head?

The front door speakers are 20cm , I had focal components on my a3 , with adapters of course. I used a amp for the front speakers aswell as a LC2i, also had a active subwoofer in the boot. If you need any help with wiring etc lemme know! I have also still got the speakers and adapters if you wanna buy them off me!

Anyone know what power the standard speakers can take from an amp?

Did you have to remove your front bumper and wing mate to feed that power cable though?

You don't need to take your bumper off mate. It's hard to explain how I did it

You don't need to take your bumper off mate. It's hard to explain how I did it

Sorry mate I never meant to put that message on here meant to send that to you privetatly first time lol, my bad.

That's fine , if I still had my a3 I would've showed you but unfortunately I don't /: