ESP

colemanlee76

Suspicious
Reaction score
Has anyone experienced the ESP kicking in on their car? This morning I came to a junction and was coming to a stop but the front wheels skidded on the wet road :wtf: , I pulled away and the car seemed to lose power breifly while the ESP light was flashing, after about 50yards the car appeared to be normal again.

Does this sound right to anyone that its happened to? Oh the car is a 1.8T sport 51plate

cheers lee

1. Smooth Tyres.
2. Flat Tyres.
3. Oil/diesel on road.

It was obviously a slippery patch of road (oil I'd guess), so the wheels locked on braking (did the ABS not make the pedal judder). When you accelerated away, the wheels started to spin and the ESP kicked in. ESP will reduce the power to the spinning wheels in an effort to regain traction (clever stuff this from Audi).

It's normal.

The ABS made a noise but cant remember the pedal juddering. Must have been Oil/Diesel coz the Tyres are okay tread wise and r atthe correct pressure

Found out that there was a diesel spill on the road so all the things the car did were perfectly normal! Not used to this technology after driving a Vento VR6:laugh: Thanks for the help