Anyone got a headlight alignment guide?

nothingness

Reaction score
When I had my headlights fitted yesturday, I had an MOT place align them vertically as they were sitting higher than the full beams...

They did not however align them horizontally (because I did not ask them to).

I presumed (silly) that they would be DOT alignment like my mothers TT, or 8P3 bixenons (don't know what 8p2 ones are) a nice uniform spread, basically the top ones in the image below. But instead they are ECE spread, so the bottom image.

dot-ece-cutoff.jpg

If I sit in the middle of a 3 lane motorway, the lane on my right has no light in it like it shouldn't have, then the light crosses diagonally from right to left as per image below (bottom one) in the middle of my lane, not very good looking but meh.
Unfortunatly this then continues diagonally into the left lane meaning when I overtake people, the "peak" of the left headlight is hitting the back window of their car and blinding them from behind as well as their wing mirrors. It also means the beam sits about 1m high on hedges and right in the middle of pavements.

So I need to move it across, but if I do that will I need to raise or lower it? Is there a simple guide for aligning ECE spreads? I know how to do it with a screwdriver (little white gears).

Having spent £80 having them fitted and then another £20 at the MOT place I am loathe to go to a proper one and have them properly aligned. It is Christmas in a weeks time and money is low now.

Thank you.