S3 weaving across the road

Ant b

Reaction score
Hello since getting my car remapped I found the stock cheap pads and disks rubbish.
So I've recently put new front and rear mtec dimpled and grooved disks on with ebc yellow stuff pads front and rear with goodrige braided hoses,
And had it all bled with race quality oil,and now it stops a lot better but it seams to weave about abit making it harder to control under hard braking,
What would cause this?

I would check all your bushes, if there is play, the geometry will move under hard braking, probably exaggerated by the improved braking, otherwise I would also check the calipers are working correctly.

As above worn ball joints and suspension bushes will show up under heavy braking. Also what tyres are you running. Are they the same all round ?

Partially seized caliper
Worn ball joints
Worn front wishbone bushes
Worn rear trailing arm bushes
Mis matched tyres

Loads to look in to. My S3 used to dive all over the shop when I first got it, even more so when I upgraded to LCR Brembos as they stop the car MUCH better the snaking was exaggerated sooo much

Get all your bushes done and a 4 wheel alignment so things are pointing to where they're meant to point to, and the "all over the shop" characteristic will be greatly reduced.

Yeah tyres are 4 matching ones carnt remember the make now tho,one is going bald on the rear due to abit of camber from the slight lowering,so gonna have to get adjustable arms and then tyres then 4wd alignment,

Brakes are good

Bushes seem ok with no play,one thing I do wanna do is put lcr top mounts on as mine are raises up

mines doing it a bit had it on the ramp and it needs the rear trailing arm bushes got movement in them so its a bit twitchy to say the least lol

Suspension ? standard dampers , springs etc ?

If the braking forces have been increased , then next is to provide more springs and damping to compensate , has the brake balance been re-set ?

brake balance been reset?
and how would You go about doing that on an S3?
With ABS there should be no need to adjust the balance. If you remove the ABS then thats a different story.

brake balance been reset?
and how would You go about doing that on an S3?

good question , was there a setting change involved , when installing the brembo disc and caliper set ?

good question , was there a setting change involved , when installing the brembo disc and caliper set ?
As mentioned above... you can't adjust brake bias as this is handled by the ABS unit.... removing the unit would require the addition of brake bias valves

<tuffty/>

Reactions: SamHendry