What stage remap

SiGainey

Reaction score
Pre facelift s4, 50k miles, full history, no faults found, all stock.

Going to be booking in to see Rick @ unicorn developments in the new year, have a budget of around a grand to spend... from ricks Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/UnicornMotorDevelopments/posts/1371446799546713:0) it looks like I'll get north of 430 whp which is slightly contradictory to what his website says, indicating that stage 2+ pulley would get me around that power.

Suggestions / recommendations as to what people would do in my shoes. Straight to 2+ or stage 1 for a year and then I have somewhere to go when I get used to the stage 1 power?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The numbers on Ricks site will be the minimum you would expect to see.
Upload 2016 12 19 22 30 11

That S4 running 439 bhp was the highest a standard car had clocked and as it says it was in November on a cold day. The power is corrected for temperature but the effect of really cold air on the charge cooler definitely helps power.
His dyno tends to read on the low side compared to a lot of other tuners as has been seen quite a few times.
several people on here with tuned S4's at various levels.

Reactions: SiGainey
I used MRC and went straight to stage 2, knowing that if I went for just a remap that I'd only want more power and there's no point in paying for two remaps.

Cost was about £1500 I think, an off the top of my head was:
Stage 2 map
pulley
belt
bigger air intake (and maybe an air filter)
Gearbox map

And it only took a morning to sort out, which after having owned a B5 RS4 previously was a nice change from waiting months for loads of work to get done.

My car rolling roaded at 483ps on the day, pretty consistent with others results at MRC. You can't really comapre dyno results from different places at different times of year, dyno lottery etc. I would expect a car with a spec like mine to be in the 470 for BHP.

Reactions: mjyounger76
Made 385ps on MRC dyno after stage 2. Have made 385bhp, 390bhp, 387bhp all on different dynos after that.

Made 485ps on MRC dyno after stage 2. Have made 485bhp, 490bhp, 487bhp all on different dynos after that.
Those figures are fairly similar, I'd have expected a bigger difference given how much criticism I read about RR results.

Go straight for the pulley n tune IMO

Remember stage 1234 is company dependent some like REVO only do a stage1+ other will call that stage 2 or stage two plus. Read what you get and do not think 3 is better then 1+

Reactions: xpoweruk
Going to Quattro-Tech, St Ives on Thursday for Revo stage 1+ upgrade currently running stage 1. Looking forward to the performance upgrade, Xmas present to myself :-D.

Reactions: THQuattro and xpoweruk
Going to Quattro-Tech, St Ives on Thursday for Revo stage 1+ upgrade currently running stage 1. Looking forward to the performance upgrade, Xmas present to myself :-D.

have fun :)

Ride the wave of torque

Will I notice much difference from stage 1?

Will I notice much difference from stage 1?

Graph of the difference between stock/stage 1/stage 1+ @ the wheels/hub

14510546683_c446735dfe_b.jpg

***Hub figures from Dynapack on 98 RON *** taken from revo post on AZ

As you can see the difference is quite a step again

Last edited:
Reactions: SiGainey
Graph of the difference between stock/stage 1/stage 1+ @ the wheels/hub

14510546683_c446735dfe_b.jpg

***Hub figures from Dynapack on 98 RON ***

As you can see the difference is quite a step again
Wonder if the other half will notice when she puts her foot down! Might have to get my Sps out and switch the map when she borrows it!

Reactions: THQuattro and xpoweruk
And make sure she does not see the credit card bill.

Reactions: ianv5
So after a morning at Quattro-Tech I now have an S4 avant with stage 1+!

Must say I can't believe how quick and how much torque!!!

Big problem I have is that my car is to quick for British roads!:-( I need to move to Germany!!!

Reactions: Fctaff, xpoweruk, Roadrunner146 and 1 other person
It's a truly stunning set up isn't it :)

It's even faster then you think, look at the speedo as you gun it, then you will see just how quick.

0-60 3.6
0-100 8.6
0-150 22 seconds
179.6 max

Figures from memory

Just downloaded the Torque pro app, hopefully it will give me some data as to 0-60 times etc.

Just downloaded the Torque pro app, hopefully it will give me some data as to 0-60 times etc.

I tried using Torque pro for 0-60,but literately couldn't keep up lol

Torque pro is only any good if the 0 to 60 is like 12 seconds. It uses the GPS on the phone which only usually gives about 1update a second