Heated mirror not working

stuartm

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Wondering if anyone could help me.
I have recently noticed that my passenger side wing mirror isn't heating up to defrost the ice.
It is still moving and auto dimming just no heat. The switch is in the heat position.

My question is. Is there a fuse that could be blown for that side as the driver side is still working fine. Or is it a case of bite the bullet and buy a new glass?

I have a 2010 A3 Sportback S-Line

Many Thanks
Stuart

Its normally the glass, and if you buy from the dealer, its is VERY expensive.

They come up on ebay on a regular basis, and its an easy DIY to change.

Thanks mate I'll have a look through eBay to see if I could find one.

I'm guessing it will be a hundred from the dealer.

I had the same issue recently and thought the connector (i.e. the spade terminals) were corroded where they join the glass.
I cleaned them up and the heated mirror worked for about 2 days until I next put it on....
It currently isn't working and my next step is to look into the door wiring as I know I'm not getting power at the glass connections so there's nothing wrong with the heated glass side of things.
Using a plastic kitchen spatula it takes a few seconds to unclip the mirror from the housing.
If I were you the first thing I'd do is get the glass out and using a multimeter or 12v test lamp see if you have power at the connections.
The heated dimmable mirror glass costs several hundred to replace AFAIK, it's crazy!..,.

I've got the same issue, however managed to pick up another S3 mirror for £20.00 on ebay. will update in here if that fixes the problem.

Bought new plastic clips for the door card for when I remove it and uprated LED puddle lights since it'll be off anyways.

I had the same issue recently and thought the connector (i.e. the spade terminals) were corroded where they join the glass.
I cleaned them up and the heated mirror worked for about 2 days until I next put it on....
It currently isn't working and my next step is to look into the door wiring as I know I'm not getting power at the glass connections so there's nothing wrong with the heated glass side of things.
Using a plastic kitchen spatula it takes a few seconds to unclip the mirror from the housing.
If I were you the first thing I'd do is get the glass out and using a multimeter or 12v test lamp see if you have power at the connections.
The heated dimmable mirror glass costs several hundred to replace AFAIK, it's crazy!..,.
I checked today I am getting power up to the connectors so I'm guessing it is the heating element that has failed.
I was expecting a few hundred pounds to be fair from dealer.

I've got the same issue, however managed to pick up another S3 mirror for £20.00 on ebay. will update in here if that fixes the problem.

Bought new plastic clips for the door card for when I remove it and uprated LED puddle lights since it'll be off anyways.
Will be good to get an update mate to see how it goes with the new mirror.