Nigels gt30 s3

Been a bit quiet on Audi front just been enjoying it really apart from trying to sort the clock spring issue still !

Did manage to purchase a set of h + r anti roll bars and fis controller and I'm booking the car in for some painting. Having bonnet, wings skirts and front bumper done to get rid of the stone chips etc should look nice and fresh !

Can't seem to upload pics as it's saying there to large for some reason

Can't seem to upload pics as it's saying there to large for some reason

If you have 'windows paint app' on your pc you can open a photo on that,then resize it by half,save as a new photo,then it should be small enough to upload...I hope :chuncky:

I do everything from my phone, sold the laptop. I normally screenshot a picture to reduce resolution but it's still to big.

Reactions: hydro s3
I'm not that young lol but I'm a very big on tech !

just email the photos to yourself on your phone and choose 50% size

Finally managed to get the pics sorted , nothing special.

Got the FIS coded in and working but it's quite in depth so need to read up how to actually use.

Screenshot 20170804 060145

And the rear setup all cleaned.

Resized Screenshot 20170804 062942

And the front

Screenshot 20170804 060107

I am amazed at the difference the anti roll bars make, corners so flat.

Reactions: IPG
Got me oil cooler all mounted yesterday will plumb it in today when I get a new oil filter.

Also have an oil pressure sensor coming that works with my FIS control.

Resized IMG 20170825 212428 781

Reactions: IPG
These arrived this morning :)

IMG 20171005 142627 833

Should help free up some weight, as comfy was the leathers are they just don't support you in hard cornering.

Have my roll cage going in next week and also just bought another forged engine as wanted the largeport supertech head it has. Will put that in mine and and my forged engine will be for sale

Reactions: feck_on_a_stick, SamHendry and IPG
Well this happened !

Resized IMG 20171017 175054 655 122
Resized IMG 20171017 175150 705 9359

Just in the process of fitting my harnesses to finish it off very happy with it all.

Been having boost problems again seemed to lose 5 to 7 psi, so decided to do a homemade smoke test !

Resized 20171018 145930 7159

It worked very well indeed ! Noticed smoke appearing from underneath the charge pipe where the bracket is and couldn't really work our where it was actually coming from. After a few tests I decided to take the pipe off which revealed this !

Resized 20171018 150257 8247

If you look closely you can see the hole, how it got there I don't know and how I was still getting 22 psi is very strange.

Taped it up for another smoke test and seems to be the only leak :)

Reactions: feck_on_a_stick
LOL!!!

What an odd place for a hole! Time to upgrade then ...

I shall be getting a another standard charge pipe but debaffled want to keep the engine bay looking "standard" lol

The hole looks like there's a been a spot welded bracket or similar removed.

Car is looking great Nige :)

It's wierd, guess It's one of them things I will never know.

Cheers prawn been a busy month *cough expensive * lol going to pick another forged engine up on Saturday

Reactions: JonBoi25 and IPG
I shall be getting a another standard charge pipe but debaffled want to keep the engine bay looking "standard" lol
I think when someone looks into the window they will know there is nothing standard about the car :D

Well yes you are right there Stuart I have lost the element of surprise! Still to them it's just an s3 with a cage!

Well managed to get the charge pipe welded up and finally give her a good road test as i havnt had the chance since fitting the cage, seats and harnesses.

The confidence in the corners is now ridiculous and you can definitely notice the weight difference

Very pleased with the outcome just a shame it's the end of car season.

For anyone interested Gdfsteelworks did the Roll cage, excellent work and done to msa regs

Obligatory clean pic

20171029 104257

Well car is in a million pieces right now being stripped down ready for all the new upgrades to go on . Turns out there was quite a few problems to sort first :

Oil return had nearly worn though
Exhaust mani had studs loose
Gasket none existent
No arp headbolts
Turbo had serious shaft play but actually boosted fine ? So uprgaded
Pickup pretty much completely blocked
Serious burn marks from downpipe

All this to go on :
emerald k6+,
gt3071r billet wheel,
aem water meth,
largeport head supertech valvetrain with piper 285 cams
Arp crank bolt
Ie manual timing belt kit
Baffled sump insert
Injectors cleaned and flow tested
Hoping for between 450 and 475hp

Ready for mapping on 1st may at emerald as long as it all gets sorted in time

Reactions: SamHendry and IPG
Jesus - exciting times..

I think I need a baffled sump, on 4 occasions now I have reversed onto my drive's drain and had to get out and push the car back off :)

Stuart b I got it from tsr it's a bolt in insert.

Oh I thought they were smaller sumps, my mistake.
Thanks.

Well car is in a million pieces right now being stripped down ready for all the new upgrades to go on . Turns out there was quite a few problems to sort first :

Oil return had nearly worn though
Exhaust mani had studs loose
Gasket none existent
No arp headbolts
Turbo had serious shaft play but actually boosted fine ? So uprgaded
Pickup pretty much completely blocked
Serious burn marks from downpipe

All this to go on :
emerald k6+,
gt3071r billet wheel,
aem water meth,
largeport head supertech valvetrain with piper 285 cams
Arp crank bolt
Ie manual timing belt kit
Baffled sump insert
Injectors cleaned and flow tested
Hoping for between 450 and 475hp

Ready for mapping on 1st may at emerald as long as it all gets sorted in time

What made you wanna investigate?

Bought the car with a forged engine, I'm upgrading it with said parts wanted to make Sure it would take the power. So had full leak test and was told the headbolts were arp but they were standard hence I was worried there might be other bits not as sold. So sump came off to check rods. Also injectors turned out to be 550cc and not 1000cc as I found out today.

Reactions: craigt1985 and IPG
Bought the car with a forged engine, I'm upgrading it with said parts wanted to make Sure it would take the power. So had full leak test and was told the headbolts were arp but they were standard hence I was worried there might be other bits not as sold. So sump came off to check rods. Also injectors turned out to be 550cc and not 1000cc as I found out today.
550cc not 1000cc?? thats quite some difference.. but why would anyone want 1000cc on a gt28?

I have no idea badger5 according to him he was advised to run 1000cc so he swapped out his 550s. Sold the car to me with apparent 1000s in, which I have only just found out after spending £80 cleaning and flowing on injectors that are no good to me

I have no idea badger5 according to him he was advised to run 1000cc so he swapped out his 550s. Sold the car to me with apparent 1000s in, which I have only just found out after spending £80 cleaning and flowing on injectors that are no good to me
boo, that sux

Seems to be the spirit of most people as I keep finding out.
Bought a forged engine not long ago with full supertech head. Turns out every piston was cracked, they had replaced 4 of the supertech valves with standard also not replaced the damaged valve guides. Swore to myself I wouldn't buy second hand after that can't trust people

Reactions: mattyy
Supertech replaced with standard? That's not what you're running on this new setup is it Nige?

You can buy individual valves and things if needed. Don't always have to buy a whole kit.

Look forward to the latest round of developments!

That Cage looks awesome, cage and suspension for my track car next but GDF is literally the other side of the world from Newcastle :(

Supertech replaced with standard? That's not what you're running on this new setup is it Nige?

You can buy individual valves and things if needed. Don't always have to buy a whole kit.

Look forward to the latest round of developments!

I have sourced 4 new supertech valves plus collets thanks to pro race engineering, my head is being built as we speak and will have complete supertech valvetrain. Even going to attempt wiring my aem and emerald lol

That Cage looks awesome, cage and suspension for my track car next but GDF is literally the other side of the world from Newcastle :(

Yes that's quite a trek is there no companys up by you ?

Im sure there will be, I dont want to look too far into it and get excited and I need a set of Gaz Golds first ha ha

Reactions: NIGE28 and craigt1985
I know it never ends ! I have AP's at the moment now I want kws lol

What's the direction you're going with the car Nige? Road car still? Or with the seats and cage etc are you going down the track car route?

If it's a road car, KWs will be spot on.

If it's a track car, I'd look elsewhere, the KW's off the shelf are far too soft and can't be revalved any more.

Too bad it's an S3(4motion) otherwise I would have had a brand new superb coilover set for you: fully adjustable AST set, with up-side-down rear dampers, uprated valves and pistons and slightly stiffer springs.. But it's a FWD setup unfortunately..

Too bad it's an S3(4motion) otherwise I would have had a brand new superb coilover set for you: fully adjustable AST set, with up-side-down rear dampers, uprated valves and pistons and slightly stiffer springs.. But it's a FWD setup unfortunately..

You have PM :racer:

What's the direction you're going with the car Nige? Road car still? Or with the seats and cage etc are you going down the track car route?

If it's a road car, KWs will be spot on.

If it's a track car, I'd look elsewhere, the KW's off the shelf are far too soft and can't be revalved any more.

Its a road car that is used on track, the APs are quite soft was told the kws are a lot better for road with some track action. What are the other options ? I don't mind a harder suspension for the road.

No worrys bluepower spent far to much last few months, suspension will have to wait anyway lol

Well it's been a long and frustrating day at emerald today.

The car was test driven before the journey and everything seemed good we had boost and drove lovely.

After having the emerald ecu installed at their workshop in the morning they commenced mapping .......then the problems began !

First run 26psi, second run 10psi, 3rd 10 psi car wouldn't make boost. So we tried testing for leaks found one in the pipes that have never been touched but before have held 30psi fine ??? Once sorted first run 20psi same hose pops off! NO swage line so 2 jubilee clips later it holds but still no boost !!

Things are now getting frustrating as it made boost fine on the journey up there. Next check actuator ! after everyone being bewildered by the strange setup we found a leak on the actuator nipple and the arm not being set correctly (new turbo so arm has been twisted ) yet still made boost fine on the way up there this is why it's all still confusing lol

My turbo is chucking out loads of blue smoke (freshly built ) possibly oil restrictor. And I now have to try and find out if the actuator is ****. The car is so inconsistent with boost it couldn't be mapped.

It did at 1 point make 390hp at 15 psi when it held !

So car does drive but doesnt actually boost need to get all this sorted and then head back up. Absolutely failed day and I tried so hard to make sure everything was ready !

When I get back it should make some.good lower at 2 bar !

Reactions: SamHendry