Come back to Audi from a short break HELP vcds please !!! :)

Keane

Reaction score
Evening lads :)
I've just brought a a3 again after selling my s3 for a house :( !
I've got home and plugged her into vcds to have a look ...
I have a few fault codes and the coding seams to be all over the place :/

It says the radio module is incorrectly coded ..
A few things activated like sunroof options Ect even tho it don't have a sunroof

Is there anyway I can just put it back to factory and start again ? It don't want to let me adjust things like turning seatbelt warning off Ect ...

454b0a3fdf119045051c9cf59a0ec26f.jpg
daaf9b47fb469c86ac0efc00ce1542fd.jpg
91718a62e379555fca0024437df4c4f3.jpg

The radio is just incorrectly coded. The navigation and radio coding should match, and don't. Just make them match by what is installed.

The central electrics, you're doing something wrong, I'm guessing. It is saying the coding you entered is incorrect. What exactly are you trying to enter?

Reactions: Keane
The radio is just incorrectly coded. The navigation and radio coding should match, and don't. Just make them match by what is installed.

The central electrics, you're doing something wrong, I'm guessing. It is saying the coding you entered is incorrect. What exactly are you trying to enter?

Thanks I will do that :) it's the instruments section and I was trying to disable seatbelt warning. (Changing from 2-0 that's all :/)

Also I didn't change the equipment number as I've never needed to when doing simple changes ??

No unfortunately not :( I brought the car a few days ago.

Have a look at that thread, he managed to get it working. Also post a pic of the open module that isn't coding correctly. Just so I can see a few things (WSC for one)

Have a look at that thread, he managed to get it working. Also post a pic of the open module that isn't coding correctly. Just so I can see a few things (WSC for one)

I've managed to disable seatbelt warning now :) thankyou. However I don't have a section "navigation". :/

Reactions: mattmanwrx
Great. Glad it is fixed. Not sure what went wrong there.

You do have navigation, it just isn't on the first page. Is module number 37. Would be on tab electronics 1, or bottom right just put in 37. See what the coding is, what you have/don't have, and then code accordingly. Same with radio - 56

I get no response from those controllers :L ! Seriously having a battle with this car for some reason :/ always found vcds simple but something isn't right with the coding on this car it's all over the place :(

Sorry for the hassle mate and I really appreciate you helping

No communication means that the cable isn't can-bus, I believe. Is it a legit vcds cable?

Yeah it was brought from Nigel on this forum. All legit Ect

Ok. Not to sure why it isn't connecting. Is the head unit standard, and have you taken it out at all (to check wiring). Does the head unit show the track/radio in DIS?

I get no response from those controllers :L ! Seriously having a battle with this car for some reason :/ always found vcds simple but something isn't right with the coding on this car it's all over the place :(

Sorry for the hassle mate and I really appreciate you helping

Might be worth trying your lead/laptop on another car to confirm it is OK.

Thanks for your help lads ! I got it sorted and took it to someone with a lot more knowledge then me :) the aux wasn't connected properly and he sorted out all the coding for me too !
We think it had a satnav at some point and someone removed it and didn't code it correctly.