im getting annoyed???

Herby1

VAG All the way
Reaction score
im getting annoyed and i dont know why?

i have seen two Golfs today with Audi Wheels on there....im getting annoyed at the fact that they are using audi wheel designs to make there volksewagen look better! i know they are part of VAG but i dont know why i am getting annoyed???? why? i mean i dont even care its not my car!! some look very good i must admit but wouldnt you want to keep original with original????

what are other peoples opinions on this???

Herby1 said:
im getting annoyed and i dont know why?

i have seen two Golfs today with Audi Wheels on there....im getting annoyed at the fact that they are using audi wheel designs to make there volksewagen look better! i know they are part of VAG but i dont know why i am getting annoyed???? why? i mean i dont even care its not my car!! some look very good i must admit but wouldnt you want to keep original with original????

what are other peoples opinions on this???

As long as it looks good, why not?? :thumbsup:

Wannabe Audis, just couldn't afford the car so made do with the wheels.......

I love Porsche wheels on Audi's like Jojo's. but im not sure if Porsche drivers approve, but if it looks good do it.
In my opinion A8 rims look better on VW's than they do on Audi's

I agree with Jesters3..

They wish the were driving the Audi!!

dont even get me started on RS4 Reps !

Herby1 I kind of see it as flattery in a way too!

But it took me a year to find the reset button on my DIS, so i am not that quick!:sorry:

My S3 OE rims are on my wifes mk4 golf - stop being such a stuckup snob ;)

pablo said:

Yeah but if you didn't put them on her golf, would you be allow to buy new bigger wheels!

I think not ;)

lol I already had the S3 came first and the OE rims were lying in the garage. Golf came with A8 rims so they got sold asap and the S3 ones went on

pablo said:

No im not being stuckup...i just wanted to see other peoples opinions on this thats all...i mean an audi got its name for the cars and styling they have produced and so have volkeswagen im just saying why have other make wheels on other make cares....its just not original!!! but this is what i mean i dont know why i am getting annoyed because if i had the money i would get a nice set of 19" porsche rims with toyo rubber!!!

there are more important injustices in the world mate ;)

Jampublic said:
Herby1 I kind of see it as flattery in a way too!

But it took me a year to find the reset button on my DIS, so i am not that quick!:sorry:

I havent got a clue what you are on about bud :( :ermm: sorry!! Please explain!! :)

pablo said:
there are more important injustices in the world mate ;)

Your not wrong there :) just wondered thats all!!!

Maybe I can't, when my spelling lets me down!

Its a good thing surely, they are buying and looking up to a brand you already drive and enjoy.

Sorry I struggle sometimes to make sense, if any!:laugh:

Jampublic said:
Maybe I can't, when my spelling lets me down!

Its a good thing surely, they are buying and looking up to a brand you already drive and enjoy.

Sorry I struggle sometimes to make sense, if any!:laugh:

hahahahaha lol.....least you try!! :p

I think MK1 Golfs look awesome wearing Fuch alloys from early 911's.

Most of these alloys aren't made by the car manufacturer anyway ie Ronal for Audi for instance.

Don't know why people are even bothered...........

If the cap fits and all of that.

no ones bothered bud...its just a thread to see peoples opinions!!! :)

yeah, its quite an interesting thread actually, no harm by it at all !
I used to like RS6 reps until they started selling them in halfords :)

At the end of the day if they suit the car, why not ?

I've seen mk4 golfs with audi avus alloys on and they look OK !

jojo said:
Just be happy in the knowledge that you have the genuine magnesium 8.5" wide RS4's and not replicas Olly :cool:

Hehe, which just means ****** expensive tyres !

porker rims on S3s/Golfs etc also look class.

I had TT 6spokes on my vr6 corrado and am considering polished competition TT alloys for my S3 too!

As long as they arent off a skoda who cares :p

Saw a T2 camper on AMG rims the other day, looked pretty cool. Merc rims on dub's getting more popular it seems.

Viva la revolution!!!!

Personal taste I guess. To me it's like sticking M3 Evo wheels on a Citreon Saxo.

Still if I could get my hand on a set of Sportecs I wouldn't care.

lets face it tho the diff in an M3 and saxo is immense, an A3 and a golf however are fairly well matched with the Audi only slightly better than the VW.

jesters3 said:
Personal taste I guess. To me it's like sticking M3 Evo wheels on a Citreon Saxo.

Still if I could get my hand on a set of Sportecs I wouldn't care.

It definitely depends on the vehicle, like any wheel/car combo, some just don't go. It's good that people are having a go though, that's how the car modding scene keeps evolving.

Fair point. Just makes me chuckle when I see a Festa with 19" booyaakkasha rims on it.

jesters3 said:
Fair point. Just makes me chuckle when I see a Festa with 19" booyaakkasha rims on it.

ahh hahahahah boooyakasha rims pmsl !!!!:lmfao:

pablo said:
A3 and a golf however are fairly well matched with the Audi only slightly better than the VW.

In what way is the A3 'better'?

I can think od certain ways the Golf is the 'better' car...

Or do you think that Audi makes a 'better' car than VW?

i think he may mean audi make a better car!....but i thought they are pretty much exacxtly the same build!!!! Audi have a better rep tho i must admit!

Just seem better screwed together. Nicer interior etc.

They are a more premium brand than VW thats for sure. whether its justified I dont know given the mechanicals are the same but its the little things I guess that make the difference.

So where do Skoda lie then???

What I understood about the heirachy in VAG was that VW do all the work and generate say a 1.9tdi that is apt and good for their range of cars. This then gets passed on to Audi, who say lets do a bit of tweaking here and there, make it nicer and more gucci and get it what they want for their marque. Therefore giving it that more 'luxury' branded feel, whether they make 'better' cars is another question. in terms of RS4 to Passat 4 motion then yes, in the terms of new A3 3.2 to Golf R32 then hmmmm

Maybe its based on the retail value!:ermm:

But I wouldn't mind a R32, don't get me wrong nothing wrong with a golf!

Herby1 said:
im just saying why have other make wheels on other make cares....its just not original!!!

I chose mine because all the Audi wheels ive seen are crap or too commonly seen.

I saw an A3 quattro with the same wheels as mine the other daym but instead of the Audi centre caps it had VW ones. That definitely didn't look right!