Max tyre size for 18" and 19" rims

DavieBow

Reaction score
Hi Guys ,
i'm picking up a 2005 S-line avant on the weekend which currently has 18" rims with 235/40/18 tyres , all 4 wheels are a mess so i'm going to buy a new set from wolfrace , they are 18x8.5 and they recommend fitting 245/40/18 tyres.

My question is will the 245's fit ok or should i stick with 235's ?? also they do offer these wheels in 19's so if i opted for those , what tyre size would you guys recommend ?

Cheers
Dave

I'm going for Wolfrace eurosport Genesis , they are a very similar design to the RS wheels
i've used Wolfrace on my VW T4 , Ferrari 348 and Mk1 golf gti , so have no issues with choosing those over OEM wheels

Wolfies on a Ferrari , that's different !

18-wolfrace-eurosport-genesis-black-polished-vw-t5-alloy-wheels-[2]-186-p.jpg

Ah , Rotor copies .

Not a fan of aftermarket wheels myself as they look a bit odd unless they're BBS , which is a VAG oem anyway .

Audi have some cracking oem's.

Check what bolt type as aftermarket tend to be tapered and not VAG oe radius bolts .

They do a wheel very similar to a Ferrari 430 wheel ,which is what i have on my 348 , makes it look a bit more modern , not to everyones taste but thats the one thing with alloys anyway , you'll never please everyone with them so might as well just go for the ones you like regardless.

Wolfrace always supply the relevant bolts to fit your car anyway so never had any issues there either .

Still doesn't answer my question though , what size tyres are you guys running on your 18's and 19's ???

You don't state what the offset is of the 19" rims , if your using 245's then make sure you have checked they will not rub due to the wrong offset.