Windows inoperative

Rommel

Reaction score
I can no longer operate the windows on my 2009 A3 TDi via the handset, they work O.K. from the controls inside the car but not from the remote handset,,,, was working fine until recently, any ideas?
Central locking works fine and the battery seems O.K.

Thanks.

try to check if all windows are working with 1 click. then, if yes see if working with second key remote, if they working with anther key so you got problem with first key, (probably dirty or some fault), if not mean you got problem with electronics in your car (prob central locking), then check with vcds for errors.

The remote only closes the windows if the auto window wind function is working, so you may need to reset the auto window function. These problems usually happen if you have disconnected the battery, or certain fuses.

Thanks SORTED reset all the windows and everything is working now, though I never disconnected the battery? could be voltage drop due to the cold weather perhaps?

Or kids? My grandkids manage to flatten the battery in the westfield when pretending to be racing drivers in the garage

How does this feature work out of curiosity? Never seen my windows automatically close when locking remotely. Or is it a feature in certain models? I have an A3 2.0 TFSI (2005).

Thanks SORTED reset all the windows and everything is working now, though I never disconnected the battery? could be voltage drop due to the cold weather perhaps?

If my windows are open when I get out the car I can press and hold the lock button on remote and windows and sunroof will close, basically hold the button until they close

Reactions: maxpayne
Worked for me too... After a long press. I mean a long one!

If my windows are open when I get out the car I can press and hold the lock button on remote and windows and sunroof will close, basically hold the button until they close

Worked for me too... After a long press. I mean a long one!

There's also a setting which can be changed using VCDS whereby once you've held down the lock button on the remote keyfob for long enough and the windows and sunroof have started to close you can then release the button and everything will continue to move until they are all fully closed.
I think this is year-dependent though and it's much more convenient than having to hold the button down until everything completely shuts which frankly can be a bit of a chore!

How does this feature work out of curiosity? Never seen my windows automatically close when locking remotely. Or is it a feature in certain models? I have an A3 2.0 TFSI (2005).
Press and hold (for 5 sec or more) LOCKING button (that you normally by clicking lock the doors) so all windows should close up
Press and hold (for 5 sec or more) OPENING button so all windows should open down