Thundercliffe Daytona/Magma B9 S4 Avant Thread

Which feature is this in please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you go into Settings and then Maps and turn on the option for "Show Parked Location". As it mentions you need to be connected to your cars Bluetooth or CarPlay.

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
If you go into Settings and then Maps and turn on the option for "Show Parked Location". As it mentions you need to be connected to your cars Bluetooth or CarPlay.

Connected in order to set the location? Then obviously when you leave, it's stored in the phone? Simple feature and I had no clue Many thanks for this

Connected in order to set the location? Then obviously when you leave, it's stored in the phone? Simple feature and I had no clue Many thanks for this

Your welcome :grinning:

Yep so it knows when your connected in the car and then when you disconnect it marks the location your car was in at that point.

You can then either go into the Maps app to see it or via the widget on the lock screen.

I emailed the Audi license team and they updated my licenses until Feb next year, but it's 36 month subscription so not sure what's going on!
Also I can't 'verify' my details on myAudi it just hangs, and the app says no connection to car.

Little disappointed to connect services aren't better, bmw and Merc have had decent services for ages!

I emailed the Audi license team and they updated my licenses until Feb next year, but it's 36 month subscription so not sure what's going on!
Also I can't 'verify' my details on myAudi it just hangs, and the app says no connection to car.

Little disappointed to connect services aren't better, bmw and Merc have had decent services for ages!

Yeah I agree. Although it wasn't a huge feature I was after, it certainly looked great as a standard feature. I'm not gonna lie, it was a mixture of reading through these forums and luck that got it to work on my car. What isn't working exactly?

Reactions: duckduck
Shell was closed just now as I went to fill up to come back up north tomorrow. So had to go to Esso where they only have 95 Ron. As I pulled away, it dropped 5 miles range and then 1 mile later, another 5 Im sorry car...

Reactions: TripleD
Shell was closed just now as I went to fill up to come back up north tomorrow. So had to go to Esso where they only have 95 Ron. As I pulled away, it dropped 5 miles range and then 1 mile later, another 5 Im sorry car...

Wow you treat it well ... tesco value fuel all the way! .............. Joking ;)

Had a play tonight, licenses have been updated, and can see a shed load more licenses too?!
Started looking at the MMI connect, registered the sim but it wants £100 a year, guess that's not included in the subscription :(

Reactions: Thundercliffe81 and Keef
What exactly do you get for the £100 per year? Is this just to use the sim as wifi hotspot?

Wow you treat it well ... tesco value fuel all the way! .............. Joking ;)

On the contrary. I'm just close to a shell here. For work. I ALWAYS use Tesco Momentum. It's the mutts!

Reactions: Brasso
Yup! Cheaper to get a data sim on PAYG

The connect services are all through the embedded sim. They 'should' work. I'd toyed with getting a PAYG but I only use the internet for Spotify tbh and maps is used by the car sim. I too seem that subscription and nearly vomited.

Reactions: Brasso
Have you worked out what the Audi connect infotainment 3 month trial is yet?

That it? So not worth it then!

That it? So not worth it then!
I got Audi connect with my 5 and have to say it is quite pants. It shows nearby petrol prices and I think it allows you to send map destinations from your computer to the connect account, which the car then downloads from the internet. The latter is handy, both are quite poorly executed. It's a blatant money spinner.

Nahhhhh. That can't be it can it? It'll be more.

If you go to my.audi.com and add your vehicle (you probably have already done this). Then go to 'Audi Connect' and it gives an idea of the services that you get for the 3 year subscription. For me it shows:

Traffic Information Online
Hazard Alert
Traffic Sign Information
Twitter
Map Update(s)
My Audi Special Destinations (where you can load your own points of interest)
Online News
Destination entry via google maps
Destination entry via myaudi
City Events
Data Plans (think you can pay to upgrade the free 3 year subscription to allow WiFi tethering/or stick your own sim in the dash which will allow tethering)
Flight Information

Most of this I hardly ever use, with the exception of the real time traffic which I find quite useful.

Edit - further info here:

https://my.audi.com/content/dam/myaudi/brochures/quickstart/quick-start-guide-en.pdf

If you go to my.audi.com and add your vehicle (you probably have already done this). Then go to 'Audi Connect' and it gives an idea of the services that you get for the 3 year subscription. For me it shows:

Traffic Information Online
Hazard Alert
Traffic Sign Information
Twitter
Map Update(s)
My Audi Special Destinations (where you can load your own points of interest)
Online News
Destination entry via google maps
Destination entry via myaudi
City Events
Data Plans (think you can pay to upgrade the free 3 year subscription to allow WiFi tethering/or stick your own sim in the dash which will allow tethering)
Flight Information

Most of this I hardly ever use, with the exception of the real time traffic which I find quite useful.

Edit - further info here:

https://my.audi.com/content/dam/myaudi/brochures/quickstart/quick-start-guide-en.pdf

Yeah I've got all that. Majority is Audi Connect though. Infotainment is just a few things isn't it? City Events etc. Destinations, traffic info and petrol prices are very helpful. It's bundled in as standard though which really helps.

Reactions: Jabba1980
Yeah I've got all that. Majority is Audi Connect though. Infotainment is just a few things isn't it? City Events etc. Destinations, traffic info and petrol prices are very helpful. It's bundled in as standard though which really helps.

Ah, ok. I thought the whole thing was 'Audi Connect Infotainment Services'? I didn't think Infotainment related to specific bits?

1541e6efb5946b8da54734f3c3959e4a.jpg

Come on Sun!

Reactions: scotty76, Bristle Hound and Keef
showing off your sunroof! :D

Sooooooo....my long trip data isn't moving. The time and mileage are but, not the MPG. Only happened at start of week and it has t budged at all.

Was at 31.2 2 weeks ago but last week I got a bit naughty and got it down to 29.4. Hasn't budged since despite regular efficiency morning drives to work. Anyone else?

Edit: Not the sexiest topic I know.

Was at 31.2 2 weeks ago but last week I got a bit naughty and got it down to 29.4. Hasn't budged since despite regular efficiency morning drives to work. Anyone else?

Well that's efficiency for you, try driving it like you stole it, see if it changes then :rockwoot:

Haha. I'll boot it 'to' work tomorrow then and see if changes. If not, I'll have to reset it which will be disappointing.

As it's a long term average you'd have to drive quite a few miles at 35mpg to see a difference, whereas 9mpg will have a quicker sharper affect on the average.
Maybe the challenge is to keep the long term below say 15mpg ;)

As it's a long term average you'd have to drive quite a few miles at 35mpg to see a difference, whereas 9mpg will have a quicker sharper affect on the average.
Maybe the challenge is to keep the long term below say 15mpg ;)

If I had the dosh, I'd jump at that challenge!! I'm looking at an RS for the next car down the line. That just wouldn't be a challenge would it?

Reactions: TripleD, Brasso and duckduck
On A1. What speeds up into it? An S3 being chased by a brand new S4 Avant haha. Booted it after them and had some fun. It does look very nice actually. Good to see what your car looks like if you know what I mean. Front is mean, rear is chunky. Sounded great.

Manhattan Grey is pretty sweet I admit. So, if it was you...touché Sir

3489bbb63741d6179b8bfd1195734923.jpg

Reactions: scotty76, Bristle Hound, duckduck and 1 other person
I'm so jealous of all of you with the full Audi Connect subscriptions... Here in Canada, we are only able to have the following options...

Vehicle Status Report
Geofencing Alert
Speed Alert
Valet Alert
Car Finder
Stolen Vehicle Locator
Remote Lock and Unlock
Audi Service Request
Map Update

I would have loved the live traffic updates etc. :(

Must be because our data rates for cell coverage is ridiculously high.

I'm so jealous of all of you with the full Audi Connect subscriptions... Here in Canada, we are only able to have the following options...

Vehicle Status Report
Geofencing Alert
Speed Alert
Valet Alert
Car Finder
Stolen Vehicle Locator
Remote Lock and Unlock
Audi Service Request
Map Update

I would have loved the live traffic updates etc. :(

Must be because our data rates for cell coverage is ridiculously high.

I'll swap you all of it for remote locking haha. Didn't realise data was so expensive there.

Reactions: Nath.S4 and duckduck
ece59d5169b91b16cdb36d9d7273472c.jpg
6a1a82b19670ebad95942df490c0bf83.jpg

Not a good day. I've seen this happen to another person on here on the B9 platform. No idea what caused it but a tiny, minute chip top right of windscreen has caused this huge crack!! Happy excess day

Oops, not good but unfortunately common with bonded, laminated windscreens that are part of the bodywork stress components...

Oops, not good but unfortunately common with bonded, laminated windscreens that are part of the bodywork stress components...

Mega

Reactions: cuke2u
There should be a dislike button on posts :tongueclosed:

Reactions: Thundercliffe81 and Bristle Hound
Dislike of what though, I feel positive behaviour should be encouraged and a dislike could cause disputes...

Dislike of what though, I feel positive behaviour should be encouraged and a dislike could cause disputes...

I'm not that sensitive Just a kick in the balls is this...Just bought a brand new Karcher and kit the day before too. Expensive weekend!

Reactions: duckduck and Keef