Audi A3 8V - Sport to Sport+ / S - Line

jdjames13

Reaction score
Hi All

I am a new owner of an Audi A3 Sport in Black 2.0 TDI with 20k miles on the clock.

I would have loved to have got a S Line model but it was just out of my budget and i am pretty happy with what i have.

I have plans to do the following, but i'm struggling to find anyone else who's done a "conversion" as such to get some ideas and assistance.

• White LED side lights + H7 Halogens whilst keeping some amount of output light!
  • May try some LED bulbs for rear lights / Indicators to increase brightness providing they're still safe.
  • 2013 S Line Alloys
  • S Line Rear Bumper
  • S Line Side Skirts
  • S Line Spoiler
  • Remove TDI Rear Sticker
  • Remap potentially Revo / Celtic Tuning
  • Spray Chrome Trims around doors Gloss Black
  • Spray Chrome Front Bumper Trim Gloss Black
  • Gloss Black Grill with Chrome Audi Rings
  • Privacy Windows Rear (to match what it would be out the factory)
  • Full multi stage decontamination, 2 stage machine polish.
I may do the front bumper in time but at the minute visually for me it isn't too dis-similar to the sport.

One question i do have is, if going for the S Line alloys which are 1 inch bigger isn't there going to be a mismatch between the speed i am travelling and that which is recorded on the speedometer?

My other question is for the parts i want to fit (bumpers/side skirts and spoiler) does anyone know if they are easy swaps providing you know what you're doing?

Here's a video that may help

Also try looking into a DTUK tuning box may work out cheaper and can be reused by them adapting it for use on another car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jdjames13
Surely the cost of all these modifications will end up costing much more than just getting an sline model?

Reactions: martinlop, Richierich37, KenL and 5 others
Trueee.... I had sport model on my 8p and looked into parts...most expensive being seats and alloys...
Depends if parts are new or used really...

But I think it could all be done under a grand if sourced correctly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Hi All

I am a new owner of an Audi A3 Sport in Black 2.0 TDI with 20k miles on the clock.

I would have loved to have got a S Line model but it was just out of my budget and i am pretty happy with what i have.

I have plans to do the following, but i'm struggling to find anyone else who's done a "conversion" as such to get some ideas and assistance.

• White LED side lights + H7 Halogens whilst keeping some amount of output light!
  • May try some LED bulbs for rear lights / Indicators to increase brightness providing they're still safe.
  • 2013 S Line Alloys
  • S Line Rear Bumper
  • S Line Side Skirts
  • S Line Spoiler
I may do the front bumper in time but at the minute visually for me it isn't too dis-similar to the sport.

One question i do have is, if going for the S Line alloys which are 1 inch bigger isn't there going to be a mismatch between the speed i am travelling and that which is recorded on the speedometer?

My other question is for the parts i want to fit (bumpers/side skirts and spoiler) does anyone know if they are easy swaps providing you know what you're doing?

Hello, I was in a similar position to you, I have a 2013 Sportback Sport 1.4TFSI and done the front and rear Sline bumper conversion. It is a straight swap however you need to be made aware the front fog lights and grills are different so you need to get a set. Also the rear line diffuser needs to be twin pip or single pip.

I've not done the rear spoiler but been looking to get one and it looks like a straight but I can't count on it. Side skirts are harder to come by because the salvage ones normally come damaged.
Just FYI, you can do Sline interior conversations without any hassel. I've documented most of my stuff on IG (Schizophonickh) so you can view most of the stuff there.
As for the wheels, I've got 19s and they are fine but only rub if youve got your car slammed like mine.

Surely the cost of all these modifications will end up costing much more than just getting an sline model?
I'm very conscious of that. At the time of looking it was at least 2k more for the S line with similar mileage on the clock.
However I don't want to do a complete conversion. I'm happy enough with the seats and steering wheel which cost the most I'm only looking for a few slight subtle changes.

I'm going to try and do it on a budget of less than 1000 for the lot. Will be tough as the alloys cost the most.

The wheel and seats are going to cost you more than £1k, unless the items in question are not in a pretty state.

For everything on your list it'll EASILY cost you more than the £2k difference between a Sport and S Line.

Should have just bought the S Line from the off.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and richinsoton
The wheel and seats are going to cost you more than £1k, unless the items in question are not in a pretty state.

For everything on your list it'll EASILY cost you more than the £2k difference between a Sport and S Line.

Should have just bought the S Line from the off.

Funny enough the front and back seats (sline) cost me £110 from Wolverhampton lol. Bargin
Steering wheel was £325. Just got to look out on ebay for some bargains.

Reactions: TimWills28
Re the wheels being bigger
You will have to drop the side profile of your tyres to keep the rolling circumference the same. Your speedo should still read true then.
:smug:

I have full S-line seats and wheels going cheap, PM if you want more info

Got my eye on a S Line rear bumper for cheap. Comes with diffuser does anyone know how easy they are to fit? Do i need extra clips?

So the project is officially underway!

I am not too fussed if this will cost me slightly more than it would have to just purchased a a s-line i am enjoying this little project already and look forward to who i may meet alone the way :relaxed:

So here goes!

Purchased a set of genuine S-Line alloys from eBay, unfortunately they were quite badly curbed and i didn't realise until after that getting the genuine diamond cut back costs a fair bit and is quite hard to do.

This was one of the worst: :flushed:

I opted for my trusted local repairs garage to sort mine who did my Fiesta ST alloys back in the day, they did a fairly good job for £60 a wheel!

After a recent 900 mile trip to Scotland and back i felt vibrations through the back wheels. I feared the worst thinking it was a damaged alloy or something worse, just turned out to be terribly uneven tread which occurred on the previous car.

Sounded like a good excuse to go and get new Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3's all around :sunglasses:

I also purchased the below recently and look forward to getting them fitted!
  • S-Line Rear complete bumper (with parking sensors)
  • S-Line Side Skirts
  • S-Line Rear Spoiler
  • LED rear tail lights & Front Xenon headlights (to be fitted by Ash @ Audi-retrofits)

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom.H and Matchman54
You've gone for a similar project to mine, just recently did my rear s line spoiler and it was a b1tch to install as it involves clips no child's hand can get to.

You'll be looked at by Ash as he's done my rear LED tail lights, he did they very well and all in a great service.
I need to get my front Xenon's sorted too, are you supplying and he's doing the install?

The only exterior part left one mine are the side skirts, you doing this yourself?

You've gone for a similar project to mine, just recently did my rear s line spoiler and it was a b1tch to install as it involves clips no child's hand can get to.

You'll be looked at by Ash as he's done my rear LED tail lights, he did they very well and all in a great service.
I need to get my front Xenon's sorted too, are you supplying and he's doing the install?

The only exterior part left one mine are the side skirts, you doing this yourself?

Pretty much, yeah i have my rear bumper and spoiler getting fitted today by a garage i didn't fancy it! But they're having issues with the spoiler at the minute as it don't line up. Turns out i purchased the 3 door by mistake. Thats an expensive mistake :(

I am looking to supply them and he is going to do the install. I have a set of the full side skirts but there are no bolting locations on the sport so looks like i may have to glue it on... The glues been purchased may be a weekend job as need to leave it to cure for 24 hrs.

I actually sent you a message on IG after i re-read this topic , i'll keep it updated do you have a progress thread?

Last edited:
Pretty much, yeah i have my rear bumper and spoiler getting fitted today by a garage i didn't fancy it! But they're having issues with the spoiler at the minute as it don't line up. Turns out i purchased the 3 door by mistake. Thats an expensive mistake :(

I am looking to supply them and he is going to do the install. I have a set of the full side skirts but there are no bolting locations on the sport so looks like i may have to glue it on... The glues been purchased may be a weekend job as need to leave it to cure for 24 hrs.

I actually sent you a message on IG after i re-read this topic , i'll keep it updated do you have a progress thread?

I made that mistake and purchased an 8V3 spoiler think it would be the same, however checking up on ebay at random audi a3 8v items I noticed a 8V4 spoiler and reading its description the seller said it didn't fit his car when testing. I emailed him and we began a question conversation and he eventually showed me the plugs on the bottom of the spoiler are different from the 8V3 and 8V4 variant. We exchange spoilers and got mine fitted the weekend just gone.

As for the side skirts, the same seller had his conversion done and he told me the spoiler is in two parts, one of the outside bit (the part we all see) and then an support bracket hidden underneath it. He had to do a new drill hole to make it attached the two together onto the chassie but that was really it. No glue or bondo.

I havn't received any DMs dude, send it again. I dont have a progress thread because I know it will take forever for updates but most of it is on my IG.

I made that mistake and purchased an 8V3 spoiler think it would be the same, however checking up on ebay at random audi a3 8v items I noticed a 8V4 spoiler and reading its description the seller said it didn't fit his car when testing. I emailed him and we began a question conversation and he eventually showed me the plugs on the bottom of the spoiler are different from the 8V3 and 8V4 variant. We exchange spoilers and got mine fitted the weekend just gone.

As for the side skirts, the same seller had his conversion done and he told me the spoiler is in two parts, one of the outside bit (the part we all see) and then an support bracket hidden underneath it. He had to do a new drill hole to make it attached the two together onto the chassie but that was really it. No glue or bondo.

I havn't received any DMs dude, send it again. I dont have a progress thread because I know it will take forever for updates but most of it is on my IG.

I didn't even realise there was a varient on the 8v's what is the difference between 8v2, 8v3, and 8v4? I thought the "8V" just related to 2012-2015 model Audi A3's but looks like it is the new 2016 one too...

I can understand the 3-door 5-door differences.

Yeah i didn't fancy drilling a hole into the frame so i am going to just glue it in the end with some decent bonding glue recommended to me.

Last edited:
I didn't even realise there was a varient on the 8v's what is the difference between 8v2, 8v3, and 8v4? I thought the "8V" just related to 2012-2015 model Audi A3's but looks like it is the new 2016 one too...

I can understand the 3-door 5-door differences.

Yeah i didn't fancy drilling a hole into the frame so i am going to just glue it in the end with some decent bonding glue recommended to me.

I dont think there is an 8V2, but 8V3 is for the 3 door version, 8v4 is 4 door version and the 8v5 is for the cabriolet. 8V0 relates to universal parts which should fit in all versions. I think this would relate to internal parts or screws, bolts and misc items.

All the diffusers are different. I bought a wrong one before noticing! I now have 2 in the garage as no-one wants 2nd hand rubbish! If you need any help re: diffusers then see my thread here:

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/wrong-rear-diffuser.294779/

Thankfully my bumper is a complete set, hard times you come across this hopefully you can get it sold soon!

I dont think there is an 8V2, but 8V3 is for the 3 door version, 8v4 is 4 door version and the 8v5 is for the cabriolet. 8V0 relates to universal parts which should fit in all versions. I think this would relate to internal parts or screws, bolts and misc items.

Ah that makes total sense, yeah just eyeing up some xenons now that are 8V0's so guess they're a generic fit.

I'll drop you a pm on IG and we can chat :)

I recently added a small mod for the wing mirrors, still wondering if they're a bit "cheap" time will tell:

Then i visited Ash @ Audi Retrofits for the following.

• Bi-Xenon headlights
  • Rear LED Taillights with semi-dynamic indicators
  • Some VCDS mods: Beep on lock, Reverse mirror dip, Dial sweep on ignition.
Ash is highly recommended if anyone needs retrofit work done, I'm due to go back for cruise control (as i do a lot of motorway miles) and rear bumper sensors.

IMG_20170702_WA0017.jpg

I recently added a small mod for the wing mirrors, still wondering if they're a bit "cheap" time will tell:

Then i visited Ash @ Audi Retrofits for the following.

• Bi-Xenon headlights
  • Rear LED Taillights with semi-dynamic indicators
  • Some VCDS mods: Beep on lock, Reverse mirror dip, Dial sweep on ignition.
Ash is highly recommended if anyone needs retrofit work done, I'm due to go back for cruise control (as i do a lot of motorway miles) and rear bumper sensors.

IMG_20170702_WA0017.jpg

Awesome mods mate. care to share the price of the front & rear light upgrades?

It's more reasonable if you source the lights yourself. Depends how. Much you want them..

Get in touch with Ash :relaxed:

Reactions: Ormesome
22kqUtP
So i haven't updated this post for a while so here goes!

I have added the below since the last post...
  • S Line Side Skirts fitted by myself
  • Magnetic Phone Vent Holder
  • TDI and A3 sticker debadged
  • Privacy Windows Rear
  • Detailing Kit purchased inc DAS6 Polisher
  • Rear Bumpers coded and working
  • Full wash, clay, polish and 12 month wax seal which i cant wait to do when it warms up to remove those swirls :)
I've noticed this winter that my tyres are absolutely shocking in the snow / cold. Really need to take this into consideration next time. We got hit by quite a bit of snow near Christmas. Had to ditch my car at the mrs and walk to work one day as she lives on a road with hills either side. The TDI couldn't get up :disappointed:

This was a few days later when it had settled and i still struggled to get out.

38944921965_f9e82691fc_c.jpg

39811627992_5dc440b4d6_c.jpg

So i am looking for an alternative in the summer as i still have a few mm over the minimum.. Thinking Michelin Pilot Sport 's.

After Chistmas i gave the mrs Tigra a clean. Hadn't been washed in 2 years !

Took 3 hours for a wash, clay , iron out and quick polish with the DAS using Tripple from Auto Finesse.

24973304827_979f4a1b96_c.jpg

39133899844_7e0ec6a041_c.jpg

39843811241_c341950506_c.jpg

39843805851_6059a6a6c1_c.jpg

39843804671_f3cc13f993_c.jpg

39811621282_be08f962f2_c.jpg

Safe to say i couldnt feel my hands after doing this :snowflake:

Really happy with the vent holder for the phone, fitted a micro usb cable from the 12V cigarette lighter around and above the buttons. Not visible until you actually need it which is handy on motorway trips.

39811639852_16a41e2a2f_c.jpg

Apologies for the poor picture quality!
38944940515_8d92055e84_z.jpg

Projects for this 2018 are as follows:

• Plastidip the grey grill black (but keep the chrome border)
  • Retrofit puddle lights
  • Spray Jet change to Mist (£5 mod as the current jets do my head in)
  • Fit whiter Fog lights to match Xenons
  • Rear S-Line Spoiler
  • Front Bumper Diffuser Lip
Potentials

• Cup Holder LED lighting (if its cheap and easy)
  • Something to make my exhaust sound a bit more fruitier, don't want to spend a fortune or have any droning noise as i do regular motorway trips. So if anyone has advice let me know.
  • Retrofit black interior from the white i currently have, if easy enough as parts can be picked up for £125.

Last edited:
Hi All

• 2013 S Line Alloys
  • S Line Rear Bumper
  • S Line Side Skirts
  • S Line Spoiler

Have you been able to change your bumpers for and s line bumper?

Erm......I’d have just got the s-line.

Each to their own:footy: