whats needed to change the stereo?

chris_20

Reaction score
guys i have a bit of a poo tape player (chorus system) in my 1.9 tdi. im just wondering whats needed to get it changed to a cd player. and if possible could u provide links as to were i could get the components. (i already have the cd player from a previous car)

thanks guys

Fascia adapter, antenna amp, and wiring adapter for rear/sub amp.
You can get it all from www.caraudiodirect.co.uk
You'll find that the rear speakers in non Bose system will be overpowered by the fronts, so it's wise to rewire them to the new HU's internal amp, bypassing the Audi crap.

Thats true chris thats all u need,mind you those things dont come cheap.mine cost me a fortune about £350

mind you i have a few things installed.dvd player,six cd changer,Subwoofer and amp.

i think noting looks better than:rulez: the Original Stereo, the quality of sound is another matter, i couldn't find anything that will not stick out and the car will keep it original appearance !!!!
I got a Chorus and I don’t like it, it cassette and I got a 10 CD changer Sony Fitted, but I wants more, any help?

wow, this was one of my first posts (15/2/06)when i got the A4. how time flies eh. i ended up gettng a stock chorus cd player after all that, wanted to keep the stock look!

we can only give u help if u tell us what ur after lion2000?

As said many times you need a Becker HU if you want to keep it looking stock
mexico-pro-7932.jpg