Question on tyre pressure monitoring system

Seems quite essential as my car doesn’t come with a spare ! =) Still looking for the bracket part No.

Nope I have an e-trim the petrol tank is where the spare should be as the battery is where the petrol tank should be ..... Very common in modern cars to save weight manufacturers will do anything to improve the figures ! Just have a can of foam in the boot !

Yes, I know but it is nonetheless madness. A friend of mine had a serious tyre failure in the middle of nowhere in the Highlands of Scotland. In the freezing cold they had to wait for recovery. Not necessary if they had a spare and not really amusing with tired children etc.

Just ordered all the parts to add direct TPMS to my car. Found a receiver for £30 on as saved search and then the harness and 4x sender for about £80 so £110 all in very reasonable. The only thing I'm having trouble with is the bracket for the receiver, I can't find it in the parts catalogue any where does anyone have a location and part no. for it please .

What websites did you order from?

Seems quite essential as my car doesn’t come with a spare ! =) Still looking for the bracket part No.
Bracket: 4E0810675B
Screws: 2X N90809802

I also ordered the kit. Today i hope to receive my loom and receiver.

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

Reactions: jrumball
The TPMS module itself will need parametrising before it’ll work properly.

If it’s a virgin module that is.

The TPMS module itself will need parametrising before it’ll work properly.

If it’s a virgin module that is.

Yes the seller said this . Is this a VCDS only thing ? Or can I use somthing like OBDeleven ? May be the excuse I need to buy a proper VCDS setup....

Bracket: 4E0810675B
Screws: 2X N90809802

I also ordered the kit. Today i hope to receive my loom and receiver.

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

Is that for the saloon ? I am still struggling to find where it should be on the hatchback as apparently it’s location is important to correctly identify the wheel position .

Is that for the saloon ? I am still struggling to find where it should be on the hatchback as apparently it’s location is important to correctly identify the wheel position .
As your looking at the back of your car the modules factory location should be on the right, behind the bumper. Don’t bother putting it there however, just put it in the cubby hole in the boot.

I am having trouble with my installation. i have had the sensors fitted today along with a new set of tyres. I have installed the receiver into the rear drivers side cubby and have connected the ground and live and the CAN lines to the black connector in the passenger door well pins 2 and 3 matching colours.

I have mostly followed this thread

https://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/824924-Direct-TPMS-Retrofit-Guide

I am afraid I have done something wrong though as I have not even seen the TPMS page on either the MMI of VC, and now can't get it to even revert back to indirect...

It may just be late .....

I am having trouble with my installation. i have had the sensors fitted today along with a new set of tyres. I have installed the receiver into the rear drivers side cubby and have connected the ground and live and the CAN lines to the black connector in the passenger door well pins 2 and 3 matching colours.

I have mostly followed this thread

https://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/824924-Direct-TPMS-Retrofit-Guide

I am afraid I have done something wrong though as I have not even seen the TPMS page on either the MMI of VC, and now can't get it to even revert back to indirect...

It may just be late .....
Sent you a pm.

Did you register the module 65 in your van gateway?

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

Has anybody tried the direct tpms kits off aliexpress? Do they need any more than VCDS to get working, ie CP or parameterized etc? They have a sale on 11th with 25% off the kit and im tempted.

I've just completed mine with help from @DJAlix. The hardware install is simple enough live to fusebox GND to suitable point then the 2 CAN wires and run it to the rear right of the vehicle. I bought my Valves from a guy on aliexpress they seem factory were made in Jan 18 too according to the printing all have unique serial no's too and look identical to factory part. The receiver I bought from eBay be careful to get one that has been peramitized otherwise you will have to visit someone like Alix who has access to the correct tools to do it also some of the aliexpress are the wrong part no. to have both pressure and temp monitoring. The coding was simple enough with the correct tools.
IMG 4902

Do you have the link to the aliexpress kit ?

Reactions: AlS3BE
That’s another thing on my list now.
You guys are costing me too much money :wink:
Feel the tpms should be factory fit especially if they hand out tyre gunk or a space saver wheel.

Modules on Ali are not parametrised.

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

Reactions: Khufu
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32866...pm=a2g0s.13010208.99999999.260.26cd3c00KQL0zb

the fact that the module is new was my concern. Alix is a bit far from me except when up visiting Scotland.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/TMP...QB-CARS-Tiguan-Passat-B8-NEW/32866483455.html

(non mobile link)

I'd double check they are the right part Numbers for the A3 8v

Have a chat to him anyway he may be able to help you out, he has been incredibly accommodating with things for me .

That’s another thing on my list now.
You guys are costing me too much money :wink:
Feel the tpms should be factory fit especially if they hand out tyre gunk or a space saver wheel.
can never have enough toys :icon thumright:

Reactions: AlS3BE
I think I have run out of toys to add to mine except for power seats but that's too much hastle until they are really worn ....
Didn’t think power(memory) seat were available?
One of the things I miss the most going from my a6 cause the mrs occasionally drives my car and it takes me ages to get it back right.

One of the things I miss the most going from my a6 cause the mrs occasionally drives my car and it takes me ages to get it back right.

There aren't memory seats just power adjustable, the idiot who speced my car nearly ticked every box but didn't tick the lumbar support.... but had the £1500 leather seats.....

So this means once these kits are installed you need someone with ODIS to get it fully coded?

The TPMS module needs parameterisation off the car....

As others have said Alex can do this.

Once done and coded correctly (removing the indirect TPMS) everything works perfectly.

The TPMS module needs parameterisation off the car....

As others have said Alex can do this.

Once done and coded correctly (removing the indirect TPMS) everything works perfectly.

Would love to take advantage of Alex's knowledge and help but sadly I am across the pond in the states. Luckily, I may have a local mate that can help me with access to the right tools but just wanted to be sure. Cheers guys.

Hello guys! I've finished my TPMS retrofit some weeks ago but I'm looking for some help because I still couldn't make it display the tyre pressure screen on MMI. The system seems to be partially working since it can correctly get pressures and temperatures from the sensors and generates alerts when there's some tyre below pressure. Diagnostic scans with VCDS show that pressures and wheel positions recived by the TPMS module are accurate.

Problem is, instead of displaying the direct TPMS scren with the tyre diagram, MMI displays the "store tyre pressures" screens, as if I was using indirect TPMS.

R IMG 20190131 232405903

Of course, I've disabled indirect TPMS as part of the coding process (bytes 27 and 28 on ABS module changed from 3882 to 0802, as it came from factory).

I though it might be related with some wrong coding for Instruments ou Information Electronics, but but I did some tests some time ago with another TMPS module from a Passat and I did get the tyre pressure diagram on the MMI screen. Of course id didn't work properly (the Passat module doesn't handle temperatures, only pressures). So I've tested again and replaced the new module with the Passat unit without changing any coding. And then the tire pressure screen appeared. So I'm sure my MMI is able to display the right screen.

R IMG 20190131 232252938

But when I put the 8V TPMS module back, MMI shows indirect TPMS screen again.

Any ideas?

Is your TPMS module brand new? If so has it been parameterised for use on the A3? This needs to be done to send correct info to the MMI.

Is your TPMS module brand new? If so has it been parameterised for use on the A3? This needs to be done to send correct info to the MMI.

Yes, I'm aware about that. Brand new module, parameterised by @DJAlix and shipped to my country.

Reactions: Khufu
Yes, I'm aware about that. Brand new module, parameterised by @DJAlix and shipped to my country.
Not forgotten about your messages, just not had time to answer them or arrange a remote session. All you need is the correct coding to be made.

Reactions: Rcord

Yeah - lack of memory in the seats basically stopped me speccing the power seats. I mean, the manual ones are quicker to adjust, the memory is surely the only reason to bother with power seats in the first place? I really don't understand why this wasn't offered, it seems insane to me.

Not forgotten about your messages, just not had time to answer them or arrange a remote session. All you need is the correct coding to be made.
Cool, cool. Thanks mate. I suppose you are overwhelmed with requests for assistance so I thought I could eventually find someone who had the same problem with TPMS in this forum or maybe in Ross-tech`s so I could solve the mistery myself. Especially because it may be some simple mistake I may have made while coding!