Electric Recaro seat, forward not working

ci-ryder

Reaction score
Am just wondering if anyone had suggestions on possible fixes, current issue is that whilst all the other seat options work (lumbar, up & down etc) I cannot get the seat back to go forward, it goes back fine but does not move forward, I go to hit the switch and nothing at all, no noise, grinding or anything. If I hit the back the seat moves fine.

Unfortunately for me it is the drivers side that is affected so currently the car is parked up as I struggle to try and drive it anywhere without the seat providing support as it currently is resting on the rear seat due to me fiddling with the switch.

I'm not sure where to start troubleshooting on this, I am assuming that the same motor that does back also does forward and the lack of any grinding type noises may mean that the motor is ok, but I don't know what else and where else I can check for the source of the problem.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Thanks all, I will give these a try at the weekend. I'm really hoping it's something simple.

Micro switch - my passenger one started playing up, when I bought the car I tested everything out - all was working fine. A mate started playing with the seat and it wouldn't go down on the 'up/down' adjustment. I managed to get the seat out and theres a little micro switch which was stuck in so the seats memory was telling it - it was already down when it wasn't. I gave it a tap and touched the switch with a thin screw driver, the switch popped out and has been working ever since.

Hi guys I'm having a problem with my tilt forward/back electric function on my seat aswell, is this more than likely a microswitch as mentioned above? If so does anyone have a pic of where it is?All other electrics on the seats work fine. Thanks