Front bumper blanking plates

sensillium

Reaction score
Anyone else finding the small blanking covers either end of the bumper hanging out after long drives (by long I mean 35 miles over B roads and dual carriageways)?

Seems the ride vibrations are shaking them loose and I can just pop them back in with my foot, but it would be nice if they stayed in.

blanking plates? do you have a picture.
I dont have this problem, I have seen other people have the headlight washer covers under the headlights get stuck open after spraying their windows and thats about it

Reactions: sensillium
Hmmm, might be my misunderstanding as to what they are, I don't remember seeing any jets in them, but I shall have a closer look.

After closer inspection, you are right, I hadn't seen the jets recessed into the bumper. The flaps feel like they get stuck closing, so I'll search the forums for other related posts. Thank you for the insight.

Reactions: Meemo
Same problem here - Audi are replacing mine at £160 a corner (£72 of that is labour!!). I'm not paying for it, so fine by me :welcoming:

I'll see if my WarrantyWise warranty covers them, otherwise I'll be getting into them with a cotton bud and WD40...