Programming the lights

EasyDeluxe

Reaction score
Hi
As with all new cars with leds (according to some legislation?) the front led lights of my car stay on even when the lights are turned off with the switch on the dash.
Is it possible to reprogram the car so the lichts are completely off when the engine is running and the switch is turned to off?
thx!

I am sure this could possibly be done with VCDS but daytime running lights are cool.
Why would you want to turn them off.

DTYME83

Because I would like to be able to sit in my car with my engine running without any lights on (job related)
When I'm driving they can be on. But when I turn them off, I would like them to be off.

Hi
As with all new cars with leds (according to some legislation?) the front led lights of my car stay on even when the lights are turned off with the switch on the dash.
Is it possible to reprogram the car so the lichts are completely off when the engine is running and the switch is turned to off?
thx!
As far as I am aware there is no way of having the DRLs switch off, while the engine is running, via the light switch. You can however configure the following via VCDS:
  • DRLs to automatically switch off while hand break is active
  • Add an Exterior Lighting MMI Menu in which you can turn off/on the DRLs
If London based I can help :)

Edit: both of the above will also turn off Rear DRL if you have them active.

Last edited:
Reactions: DTYME83