Facelift A New Audi A3 Coupe

h5djr

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
In this week's Auto Express are details and photographs of a new A3 Coupe which will part of the all-new A3 family car range with the next Hatchback, Sportback and Saloon set to be joined by a sleek new four door Coupe.

First to arrive however will be the standard A3 hatchbacks in 2019 with the others to follow.

If it goes ahead in line with the photographs it will be a cracking car.

any links to it so we can see the pics? Would love something along the lines of the Z4 coupe. still one of my fave car designs. Or is it just named "coupe" as it has 3 doors? Iv noticed sometimes abroad the 3 door hatch is named as a coupe but maybe this is just translation gone wrong. Interesting you mention Hatchback & coupe. will be nice to see the differences.

any links to it so we can see the pics? Would love something along the lines of the Z4 coupe. still one of my fave car designs. Or is it just named "coupe" as it has 3 doors? Iv noticed sometimes abroad the 3 door hatch is named as a coupe but maybe this is just translation gone wrong. Interesting you mention Hatchback & coupe. will be nice to see the differences.
In my post I make the comment "a sleek new FOUR door Coupe". There is a picture on the front cover of Auto Express and if you go to the AE website it's on the front cover. http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/63972/this-weeks-issue-of-auto-express or stop on the way home and purchase a copy - it's only £3.00.

The Coupe will be part of the all-new A3 family car range to be released in 2010 and I don't think any pictures of the other models in the range have yet been released as yet.

Reactions: Ormesome
Er in the explanatory text it says exclusive images of how a A3 coupe COULD look. No mention of photographs so is there more information within the magazine?

Reactions: Daveotto
Er in the explanatory text it says exclusive images of how a A3 coupe COULD look. No mention of photographs so is there more information within the magazine?
There are two full magazine pages including two large photographs. How accurate these are we will only know when Audi release more details nearer release time.

In my post I make the comment "a sleek new FOUR door Coupe".

Was going off the 1st part of the comment you made. the 2nd part didn't click! sorry,im very slow!! :blink: Also always think of coupes as 3door vehicles. not sure if i like these normal cars that are just lowered and called coupes.

BTW, 2010 was 7yrs ago! unless I'm mistaken! :whistle2::wink:

d8bc54520b2f7020e8ed952ff2e0e087.jpg

Reactions: Zak0123, Schizophonic, Glasgoe Joe and 6 others
Just my opinion but thats a horrible looking car :)

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Scottyg
The picture @Bristle Hound posted looks ok but the one on the front cover of AE looks fugly!

PS is it just me or does the pic above look like a 3 series GT from the side??

Reactions: S37S, Pook and Daytonapig
The A3 Coupe, when you want a smaller A7 with a less practical boot, and forget the A5 comes in a sportback, which is really just a slopey version of the A4, which is just a slightly larger version of the A3 Saloon.....

I actually like the look of it from BHs picture though....

Reactions: Rob2k68, Audi Bairn and Tom.H
@Bristle Hound 's photo looks nice. Still think it isn't a coupe. When someone says coupe i think of a Z4 Coupe, TT,Scirocco, Brera and so on.... Marketing teams are pushing the boundaries now to try and make things sound "sporty" when in reality its just a 4 door saloon thats lowered a little with slopping rear lines.

Reactions: Flying Scotsman and Jassyo06
The picture @Bristle Hound posted looks ok but the one on the front cover of AE looks fugly!

PS is it just me or does the pic above look like a 3 series GT from the side??

Not just you, that was my first thought 3 series GT and that car is a shed on wheels!

They do this all the time
" exclusive images of what our photoshop experts think this or that car may look like if they decide to make it"

@DrEskimo - ^ Nice colour Mr.Inuit ;) :D

Doc, did you have to remind me of what I just sold?! the pic of the A3 coupe (sportback!) look the same but smaller side on
c81d5e98e0b5199daaca5133cabdaa82.jpg
aaa7efb3a95b3b772fc9c7451710e2e9.jpg
267649579331eee9787628107b33fa61.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Jassyo06 and DrEskimo
Not just you, that was my first thought 3 series GT and that car is a shed on wheels!
+2 for the 3 series GT lookalike... & how many of those do you see on the road!?!.

NOW that's a cracking motor :salute:

That's is a cracking motor indeed.... BUT let's talk about your profile picture for a minute.... That is definitely a cracking photo! :hubbahubba: lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jassyo06 and DrEskimo
Doc, did you have to remind me of what I just sold?! the pic of the A3 coupe (sportback!) look the same but smaller side on

Traitor!!!

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Doc, did you have to remind me of what I just sold?!
emoji53.png
the pic of the A3 coupe (sportback!) look the same but smaller side on

Good job you are not parked around my way, the local Facebook group would be up in arms.

Sir, you have crossed the line

Reactions: Audi Bairn

@Audi Bairn - S5 SB looks fab in white with the BSP & privacy glass :thumbs up:

Its on the website now http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/audi/a3/98441/audi-to-target-mercedes-cla-with-sharp-new-a3-coupe there is just one 'photograph' of the TT sportback though possibly from 2014. It'll be nice if it happens but personally I think it would mean too many A3 variants plus a confusing model naming...

Yup I agree.
The A5 comes as 2 door Coupe and 5 door Sportback.
This proposed A3 variant is a smaller version of the A5 Sportback.
But they can't call it the A3 Sportback as there's one already, and it's not really a Coupe.
Watch this space I suppose.

Some more info on this topic

Audi-TT-offroad-concept-sportback-concept540.jpg

New Coupe Set to Join Audi A3 Lineup

The A3 lineup is set to expand with the addition of a svelte new four door coupe. Set to look like a smaller A5 Sportback, the A3 Coupe will compete with the Mercedes CLA.

The new Coupe is expected to arrive along with the rest of the updated A3 family, including the Sedan and hatchback versions, reports Auto Express. The hatchback will likely be the first new A3 and is likely to arrive in 2019.

As mentioned, the A3 Coupe will share a sloping roof line with the bigger A5 Sportback and A7. The car is also said to borrow heavily from the Audi TT Sportback concept (above) shown at the Paris Motor Show in 2014. Along with the new roof line, the new A3 will feature a new wider grille, new headlights, slimmer taillights, and reshaped bumpers.

The Coupe should bring the A3 up into the executive class, without bumping the price up too much. The strategy of using compact cars to fill luxury niches has already been employed to great success by Mercedes, the number one premium car brand last year. The new Coupe will also help Audi reach its goal of selling 60 models by 2020.

The new A3 will stay on the MQB platform, but will grow a bit in length and width, giving it more interior and cargo volume. Inside, the Virtual Cockpit will be updated and autonomous driving modes should be available.

With the VW still trying to put dieselgate behind it, electricity is set to play a bigger role in the lineup. The next generation Golf GTI will reportedly get a mild hybrid system, so similar technology could potentially find its way into the new A3. Meanwhile, the A3 e-tron plug-in hybrid is primed for a return to the lineup, and rumors are swirling about an all electric version of the hatchback.

http://www.quattroworld.com/audi-news/new-coupe-set-join-audi-a3-lineup/
&
http://fourtitude.com/news/Audi_News_1/new-coupe-set-to-join-audi-a3-lineup/

Reactions: richinsoton and Ormesome