EU Rules to compensate un-insured drivers

45bvtc

The Older I Get The Better I Was
Supporter
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
PLEASE! How can these so called educated law makers be serious? Ok, so they're European, but that's NO excuse.

Me; if an un-insured driver drove into me and mine I'd want 1) his car CRUSHED and 2) ALL of his beloved lounge/bedroom/garage contents CRUSHED before he was afforded pain relief and/or admitted to hospital - thus saving the NHS £s, too.

News today is +50's to get a 34% increase in insurance premiums; well I'm +70 with 3-Audi and drive a lot of other fast stuff, too; and to think an un-insured is now offered compensation from me and other responsibly insured drivers is an affront to law abiding citizens of the UK; whatever the Europeans do is up to them...

No; CRUSH their cars and then their cherished possessions; let's make it a WAKE, a celebratory levelling of comeuppance.

EU bo88ocks yet again...

John I agree with you entirely,there are some crazy things that come out of Europe.
In the article I read it did say that anybody claiming who was uninsured and driving a vechicle would be reported to the police as it is an offence.
And thus they would hopefully be prosecuted and fined with points on the licence. That is if they have a licence that is and they have passed a driving test.
I read another one the other day regarding possible insurance changes.
https://www.adrianflux.co.uk/blog/2015/03/eu-vnuk-ruling-insurance.html
potentially it means that anything motorised will need to be insured, including something like a ride on mower or a go kart that is used on a track. Potentially even cars that are SORN may need to be insured.

Reactions: 45bvtc
John I agree with you entirely,there are some crazy things that come out of Europe.
In the article I read it did say that anybody claiming who was uninsured and driving a vechicle would be reported to the police as it is an offence.
And thus they would hopefully be prosecuted and fined with points on the licence. That is if they have a licence that is and they have passed a driving test.
I read another one the other day regarding possible insurance changes.
https://www.adrianflux.co.uk/blog/2015/03/eu-vnuk-ruling-insurance.html
potentially it means that anything motorised will need to be insured, including something like a ride on mower or a go kart that is used on a track. Potentially even cars that are SORN may need to be insured.

Not concerned of the "ride on mower or a go kart that is used on a track, or SORN" but the TW*T driving an un-insured motor car that mine and your motor insurance in the event of an "accident" is expected to cover. I'd burn EVERYTHING he/she that TW*T driver holds dear, Karl, including that cherished framed photo of his/her long lost grandad/granny! If you see what I mean.

Anyone that robs me or mine for whatever issue they have I'd want ALL of their Worldly goods trashed in front of their eyes whether they belonged to them or not; sick of this 'they didn't mean it' or whatever else excuse *****.

Might as well open the front door and invite anyone in to take whatever of my hard earned they want and then to be told I should feel bl88dy good about it...
5003.gif

Be NICE and KIND and SYMPATHETIC to them that chose not to pay their way has been going on for way too long; just sayin'

Reactions: Tj 0785
And bring back local-sited stocks for the embarrassment; let's get carpenters employed and have some local fun at weekends:

Th

Bet the scumbags would go in twice...

Jeeeze; compensating un-insured drivers from insured driver contribution; what demented EU PR8T thought of that one...

Reactions: Tj 0785
I'd burn EVERYTHING he/she that TW*T driver holds dear, Karl, including that cherished framed photo of his/her long lost grandad/granny! If you see what I mean.

So now we can put a voice to you John....

Sorry I couldn't resist :)

Reactions: desertstorm

So now we can put a voice to you John....

Sorry I couldn't resist :)

No need to apologise, Ghost. Maybe I was a little OTT, but it is a Rants & Raves section after all.

Maybe the wise-ones of the EU are right (?) and I/we/you should gladly pay for full repair of the uninsured motor-vehicle and injury; while I/we/you walk to work, walk to the hospital to visit my/our/your still concussed passenger, and wait for my/our/your insurance company to review the damage to my/our/your own broken motor-vehicle prior to repair or replacement whilst I/we/you pay increased premiums to provide for the unfortunately uninsured.

7072.gif
AND, I do need to walk more so maybe it IS a good scheme after all...

Reactions: Ghost
Usually I'm rather skeptical of these sort of stories, and typically dig deeper to establish exactly what has and hasn't been agreed or proposed.

However in this case it's genuinely as ridiculous as it sounds...! I would love to know what the motivation or logic was behind amending this clause...? At the moment it's beyond me!

Reactions: 45bvtc
Crazy il be glad when we're out of the eu

Reactions: Samuel c5 Q and 45bvtc