New battery opinions

goodbuzzman1

Reaction score
im going to buy a new battery for my 2007 s3. I was reading over a few threads and the Varta Ultra Silver Dynamic seemed to be the most favourable one to go for, however the threads I was reading were a few years old. Is this still a current battery or what are people going for. I'm not looking for cheap. I want a good quality high powered battery.
Thanks

Yep the Varta Silver Car Battery E44 77Ah (577400078) is still the best battery to go for, I as well as many others are using it fine no problem, so definitely go for this mate.

It's gone up in price a bit by about £15 on Tayna which is where most of us got ours from so it could potentially be worth having a little look around before purchasing from here: https://www.tayna.co.uk/E44-Varta-Silver-Car-Battery-577400078-P7726.html

Yep the Varta Silver Car Battery E44 77Ah (577400078) is still the best battery to go for, I as well as many others are using it fine no problem, so definitely go for this mate.

It's gone up in price a bit by about £15 on Tayna which is where most of us got ours from so it could potentially be worth having a little look around before purchasing from here: https://www.tayna.co.uk/E44-Varta-Silver-Car-Battery-577400078-P7726.html
I just went to my local motor factors to see if they can get me a varta. He can but he also gave me an alternative which is cheaper. Exide EB740 74a. He says he used to use varta for years but now switched to exide and finds them great

I had the Bosch S5 from ECP. I think it is a rebadged Varta.
At a good discount too!

I've read before that Bosch batteries are merely Varta-made with a Bosch label....
Either way, the Bosch Silver battery in my A4 TDI lasted over 11 years before finally giving up the ghost recently and the factory battery in my mum's Mercedes (a Varta unit) lasted 12.......
On that basis, I'd go Bosch/Varta without a thought for anything else TBH.

Don't think there is any difference in battery brands myself. As long as it has a long guarantee, the correct rating and a known brand it will be ok

I had Halfords batteries in my 1.8T. Thank goodness I had a warranty as it was replaced twice!
No problems since I changed to a Bosch S5