New-bee buying a A4 tfsi 2.0 quattro

tony char

Reaction score
Hi all im posting this to say hi and hopefully get some tips too. Im going look at audi a4 tfsi 2.0 quattro over the weekend and was there anything that i shud be looking out for,im not the best with cars nor the worst but ive never had one of these or ever had a turbo lol its been a while that ive had a car with a bitta of stick but im told these are like **** of a shovel ive been stuck with a people carrier for years .anywsy the car is 55 plate 65000 miles cambelts been done,other than that he said its been serviced every year and hes had it since 2009.thats it peeps thanks for looking

IMG 0037

Bit of an upgrade from a people carrier, yes but still a heavy car so not that quick. Having the Quattro does mean good traction in the wet with no wheels spinning when everyones elses is, my last Audi was the S4 Avant and I loved it, consider the Avant versions if you have a family, a lot of us think it's better looking and of course more practical.
Check all the normal things as any other car and especially that the electric gizmos all work, drive it and make sure it stops and accelerates in a straight line. Go through all the gears up and down, shouldn't be notchy or slip out of gear when de-celerating Ask questions in the A4 B7 forum , they know what to look out for on each engine version, there are a lot. Good luck in finding a good'un.

Defo an upgrade lol i cannot wait.am i right in thinking the gear box shud be nice and tightish also first time in having a turbo as well so am looking forward to it

Defo an upgrade lol i cannot wait.am i right in thinking the gear box shud be nice and tightish also first time in having a turbo as well so am looking forward to it

Turbo cars are great, the engine feels "alive" compared to normally aspirated engines. Enjoy.