Haldex Clutch Fluid Change

reyoasian

Reaction score
Anyone done this on their 8V yet?
What are the specs and capacity of fluid required?
Does filter need to be changed every time or every other time?
Thanks

P.S. just passed 40K KM (25K miles) and soon to be reaching 2-year ownership by mid-April. Recommended interval is once every 3 years, but I track my car so I thought I should do it earlier?

Not a lot of info around for gen 5 Haldex servicing but yeah definitely do the filter at the same time and reducing the service interval as your car has track use seems very sensible. I'd be looking at doing the same but believe it's been done when the pump was replaced.

TT mk1 required a special tool to remove the oil filter and I've also seen a special pump may be required to refill the oil as you can't get in directly from above.

Not a lot of info around for gen 5 Haldex servicing but yeah definitely do the filter at the same time and reducing the service interval as your car has track use seems very sensible. I'd be looking at doing the same but believe it's been done when the pump was replaced.

TT mk1 required a special tool to remove the oil filter and I've also seen a special pump may be required to refill the oil as you can't get in directly from above.
From what I gather you use the bottle the oil comes in to put oil into haldex box..
images

edit .......This will give you the correct amount also..

Reactions: Rob2k68
Coincidentally had mine done yesterday at 38k miles after 2.5 years (along with the other three year stuff such as plugs, and brake fluid etc).

The maintenance list shows a quantity of 0.65 litre used (at a shade under £50/litre:blink:)

Reactions: richinsoton, pburv and Rob2k68
Done mine myself not so long ago probably easier than an engine oil change, just drain it an fill back up until it flows out of the filler hole think the genuine oil was about £20

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv
Just saw this video:
Apparently the Gen5 Haldex doesn't require filter or any special tools, just the fluid.
Easy flush!

Reactions: Rob2k68