Comfort specced on S-line ride height?

SamA38V

Reaction score
Hi All,

Really useful forum! I have just bought an 8V sportback (2l TDI) and am loving it - I am looking at some wheels (possibly RS6 style or BBS CH's on 19's) and then either some springs or coilovers.

My question is the sport suspension was de-selected from the factory with the comfort pack. Does that mean It is standard (non s-line) ride height or is it still 30mm lower? My presumption is it is standard springs and therefore standard ride height?

Thanks in advance and I will add some photos of the new car over the weekend.

Sam

This is a side profile if it helps!

Attachments

• IMG_5986.JPG
    IMG_5986.JPG
    518.6 KB · Views: 368
Reactions: Audi Bairn
Hi All,

Really useful forum! I have just bought an 8V sportback (2l TDI) and am loving it - I am looking at some wheels (possibly RS6 style or BBS CH's on 19's) and then either some springs or coilovers.

My question is the sport suspension was de-selected from the factory with the comfort pack. Does that mean It is standard (non s-line) ride height or is it still 30mm lower? My presumption is it is standard springs and therefore standard ride height?

Thanks in advance and I will add some photos of the new car over the weekend.

Sam

Regardless, it wouldn't be 30 mm lower ride height. Sport suspension is 15 mm lower and S-line suspension is 25 mm lower.

Your car does not look like the standard suspension though...

The comfort pack doesn't do anything with the suspension

Thanks VWNCC. Sorry I meant 25mm. Yep not sure it certainly looks lower than standard.

Cemerson - thanks for the reply - I know comfort pack is seperate - it had sport suspension de select and comfort pack as well.

Still none the wiser! I shall keep digging!

The PFL S-Line came with Sport Suspension as standard. If it has option 2UA then it has been de-selected. I have this option as I preferred the softer suspension. This quote is from the brochure about the S-Line:

Sports suspension, lowered by 15mm (same suspension as Sport). Deselection of Sports suspension is available as a no-cost downgrade, and if chosen, the Sports suspension lowering is removed and the suspension is returned to the standard ride height and damping. S line Sport suspension, lowered by an additional 10mm, is also available as a no-cost upgrade.

So there were 3 suspension options:

1. SE - no lowering
2. Sport - lowered by 15mm
3. S-Line - lowered by a further 10mm so 25mm in total.

But confusingly the Sport and S-Line both came with option 2. above as standard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Glospete and Ormesome - many thanks! I will register on My Audi as a starter. Old fashioned tape measure before buying the lowering springs" Many thanks for your help! Which ever way it needs to be lower!

Reactions: Ormesome