sequential rear led indicators

hollows wife

Reaction score
well finally sourced the parts i needed to build the sequential rear indicators so as soon as i can prise the car away from the wife (unfortunately cant drive at moment due to illness ) il be cutting the back lights open and modding them . .doubt whether the plod will even notice a difference and it will defo pass an mot . as my freindly mot tester has his cars fixed by me .

seriously bright 1w leds

Reactions: S., LEE69 and Dannymoto
Led strips from China do not last long. The time and effort opening the sealed lens is quite laborious if they will fail shortly.

Use high quality leds

Just an FYI

Reactions: HansfishS3
these arent cheap chinese leds strips . there american and that strip cost me close to £100 opening the rear lens and cutting them out will take me no time at all . if i can dremel the front lens off a 2010 and add switchbacks then im sure i can confidently do the rears .

Reactions: sherry477, Dannymoto and S.
haven't even started it yet as was discussing with the wife about buying a newer 8v version 2 days after receiving the parts ,since i found out that the newest 2017 a3 12" dash display can be retrofitted into earlier 8v models.
but i may still fit these in the 8p just to say its probably the first in the uk to have them , dilema is ,do i just fit the unit in the indicator lens ,or do i fit them into the reverse light lens as well and run the wiring up through the tailgate down the rear pillars and into the rear lights ,thus having extended sequential rear indicators . i can always modify it slightly to include white led for the reverse part .
fedex stung me today for£20 import tax on the parts .