Facelift Audi Logo/Rings Puddle Lights

dpaz

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Facelift MY17 non-S3 models have the Audi Logo puddle lights as standard?

I'm expecting delivery of an MY17 A3 S-Line Saloon in March and if it doesnt have them I'm going to ask my dealer for them.

I was also advised S3 only for beams.

If yours comes with the standard flat white (non beam) puddle lights installed, then just grab the AliExpress beams, 20 second changeover (or buy OEM for a lot more of course).

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: RSS-S3
Well I originally thought it was S3 only but I've seen a couple of photos of non-S3's with them in the showroom so starting to wonder if they are no standard on MY17 models.

At the moment (in Oz) most S3s are being delivered without beams. There's a TSB advising nil stock until sometime Q1 2017... so we are getting non beams until fixed under warranty when stock arrives. Would have thought that that would also be affecting other markets too.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Ah that's interesting. I believe there might be problems with stock in the UK also. The parts manager of the dealership I'm getting the car from explained that they couldn't order them as supposedly they are currently blocked by Audi, however they had a set in stock at one of their other dealerships that they were willing to sell me.

I've not gone for them as they're not cheap and I'm not 100% sure if the car will have them already.

My MY2017 (FL) S3 was built last October and didn't have Audi Beam fitted. The dealer faffed around for ages but now says they're on order and he's going to post them out to me. He said they should only take a few days to arrive, so presumably there isn't a UK supply problem, they're coming from another dealer, or he's wrong.

Thanks Bristle Hound. I did try a forum search but that thread didn't come up as I searched for "Puddle".

Reactions: Bristle Hound
In case you end up looking at the after market versions... they are pretty decent.

8561bd9dc892cb7295b1bcfb34b8984d.jpg

Reactions: robps3, BodegaBay, Milnesafc and 1 other person
My MY2017 (FL) S3 was built last October and didn't have Audi Beam fitted. The dealer faffed around for ages but now says they're on order and he's going to post them out to me. He said they should only take a few days to arrive, so presumably there isn't a UK supply problem, they're coming from another dealer, or he's wrong.

Just goes to show the difference between dealers. We got our cars around the same time and only a few miles apart.
I got my car in mid November, called the dealer about it in December and they ordered the Audi Ring Puddle lights up and installed the just after New Year. No problems at all. Actually said they were ordering me two more for the back doors but not had the call yet.

Reactions: DrMal
I got sent through the A3¦S3 brochure about a week ago and on there it shows Audi Beam as standard on the S3 cars, same in some online PDF brochures. I take it that has changed for recent orders though as there's no sign of them on my online configuration?

Have you got a link for the S3 ones mate and have you had any issues with them overheating as I've heard a few people have on the non Audi units?

Ah that's interesting. I believe there might be problems with stock in the UK also. The parts manager of the dealership I'm getting the car from explained that they couldn't order them as supposedly they are currently blocked by Audi, however they had a set in stock at one of their other dealerships that they were willing to sell me.

I've not gone for them as they're not cheap and I'm not 100% sure if the car will have them already.
Hang on your buying an S3 which is supposed to come with the rings/Audi logo puddle lights and he's offering to sell you some? They are 100 notes from the dealer, get on the phone to him and tell him you want them fitted under warranty.

Reactions: Djs3saloon and Audi Bairn
I got sent through the A3¦S3 brochure about a week ago and on there it shows Audi Beam as standard on the S3 cars, same in some online PDF brochures. I take it that has changed for recent orders though as there's no sign of them on my online configuration?

Still says it in the brochure available when you're logged in to your Audi.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Still says it in the brochure available when you're logged in to your Audi.
Looks like its a PFL brochure though mate. The hardcopy brochure I was sent in the post though is definitely FL and includes them on there as well.

I'm not overly fussed either way. If it comes with them or not, I'll probably just leave it as is rather than asking them to be fitted. If they are on when it arrives, that will be a bonus! :)

Nope, definitely a FL brochure

F040D3F0-A532-4F7F-B880-DD56F57C415B.png

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Steelster
Looks like its a PFL brochure though mate. The hardcopy brochure I was sent in the post though is definitely FL and includes them on there as well.

I'm not overly fussed either way. If it comes with them or not, I'll probably just leave it as is rather than asking them to be fitted. If they are on when it arrives, that will be a bonus! :)
I know it's a small thing but few years down the line if you are looking to sell you might get pegged for a 100 notes as it's missing them. Just a thought.

Nope, definitely a FL brochure
Hmmm interesting! That's not the one I get linked to haha!

PFL Brochure

I know it's a small thing but few years down the line if you are looking to sell you might get pegged for a 100 notes as it's missing them. Just a thought.

You might be right! I'll send an email over tomorrow then!

Reactions: Tom.H and Milnesafc
Hang on your buying an S3 which is supposed to come with the rings/Audi logo puddle lights and he's offering to sell you some? They are 100 notes from the dealer, get on the phone to him and tell him you want them fitted under warranty.

Yup, totally agree!
You're supposed to have them, Audi should fit them free of charge.
Make a big issue of this.

Reactions: Milnesafc

Neither was I initially but i took the view that if I was suposed to have them I'd be as well getting them free from Audi.
Once i saw how good they looked after they'd fitted them i was glad i had got them.

Reactions: Steelster
Neither was I initially but i took the view that if I was suposed to have them I'd be as well getting them free from Audi.
Once i saw how good they looked after they'd fitted them i was glad i had got them.
Yeah I emailed them today. I did see them on a car when I was looking round the dealership and they looked better than I thought they would. I reckon I could take them or leave them but as you all say, if they're meant to be standard then they should be on the car!

So, I've had a reply from the dealer.....

He's saying normal puddle lights come in as standard (of course!), but the 4 rings for the audi logo are an optional extra.
This is what I originally thought, because on the configurator it says the same......
Audibeam2

But then every single online PDF brochure, and even the brochure I got sent through the post say differently! (apologies, no matter what I do it won't upload in landscape!)
Audibeam

Anyone know for sure?! Like I've said, from a personal point of view I can leave them or take them. Not bothered if they're not standard, but if they ARE standard then I'd want them!

So, I've had a reply from the dealer.....

He's saying normal puddle lights come in as standard (of course!), but the 4 rings for the audi logo are an optional extra.
This is what I originally thought, because on the configurator it says the same......
View attachment 117327

But then every single online PDF brochure, and even the brochure I got sent through the post say differently! (apologies, no matter what I do it won't upload in landscape!)
View attachment 117329

Anyone know for sure?! Like I've said, from a personal point of view I can leave them or take them. Not bothered if they're not standard, but if they ARE standard then I'd want them!
They are definitely standard on the s3 mate, they come as part of the lighting pack. Might be worth contacting Audi UK.

They are definitely standard on the s3 mate, they come as part of the lighting pack. Might be worth contacting Audi UK.
Seems the dealer has changed his mind! Got a reply email once I sent through the photo of the brochure and they think it will come with the 4 rings as standard so should be alright in the end!

Reactions: Milnesafc and Audi Bairn
Mine was delivered last week and does have them fitted.

Reactions: Steelster and Audi Bairn
Mine had them fitted aswell... need a set for the back now lol

Reactions: Steelster
Mine was delivered last week and does have them fitted.

Mine had them fitted aswell... need a set for the back now lol

Looking likely I'll get them then! They definitely need to make it clearer in the online configurator if they're standard or not!

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Mark_86
Sounds like no chance of a non-S model having them then.

Can anyone tell me whether I'd need the wide or narrow plug versions?

The connector coming out the door can have a wide or narrow plug, but the holes for the pins are the same distance apart in both.
Mine is the narrow plug, but fits into the wide connector on the light assembly (and clicks in too).
AliExpress beams have been coming with the wide connector, to fit all models... I.e the Q7 plug is wide.
That's a confusing paragraph :)

Haha my dealer was buzzing his socks off telling me about this feature

Consistency would be nice. I got told yesterday by my dealer they aren't standard and it would cost me £86 to have them fitted to a S3.

Consistency would be nice. I got told yesterday by my dealer they aren't standard and it would cost me £86 to have them fitted to a S3.

Tell the dealer to look at the brochure!

F040D3F0-A532-4F7F-B880-DD56F57C415B.png

Reactions: Mark_86, DrMal, pburv and 1 other person

I agree about the consistency or the lack of it.
Audi know there's an issue but many of the dealers don't, or don't want to admit it.
Would be easy enough to issue a directive to the dealer network and at least if your car doesn't arrive with them the dealer could mention it and say they'll retro fit them at a suitable date.

Reactions: pburv