Gutted.. Car Banned :'-(

tumblr_inline_n6p23rngzF1rj4vbo.gif

Reactions: TDI-line and Jassyo06
So highly strung / intense for a youngster.

Maybe I'm getting old now, but I was far more relaxed in my late teens.
Life was for enjoying and learning, not getting stressed, especially not about a car.

Save stress for when you have real life responsibilities.
'Real life responsibilities'? Define that exactly. 'You may mellow with age'. I can't stand people who think that because they have children or suffer stress in their own life they can ridcule what may stress another. So-called real life stresses come in many shapes and forms and don't necessarily have to involve people. A new car for most people will be a financial 'risk' to some degree, apart from the lucky few where money genuinely isn't an issue. For this reason the jeopardy of a high end investment can well be something worth stressing over. And I actually use the word stress loosely- this guy/girl not necessarily stressing merely trying to protect an investment. if I owned an S3 in my teens I would be billy buzzing, and if it went to sh*t I'd be making noises louder than an earthquake to sort it out with the cooperate machines the likes of Audi. Or alternatively let's all take your view, spend £35k on a 'bit of metal' that doesn't work correctly, say 'f**k it I don't care, and let audi take me for all I'm worth, all because I have children.

Reactions: 4K, Joe4842, CHEZ and 4 others
'Real life responsibilities'? Define that exactly. 'You may mellow with age'. I can't stand people who think that because they have children or suffer stress in their own life they can ridcule what may stress another. So-called real life stresses come in many shapes and forms and don't necessarily have to involve people. A new car for most people will be a financial 'risk' to some degree, apart from the lucky few where money genuinely isn't an issue. For this reason the jeopardy of a high end investment can well be something worth stressing over. And I actually use the word stress loosely- this guy/girl not necessarily stressing merely trying to protect an investment. if I owned an S3 in my teens I would be billy buzzing, and if it went to sh*t I'd be making noises louder than an earthquake to sort it out with the cooperate machines the likes of Audi. Or alternatively let's all take your view, spend £35k on a 'bit of metal' that doesn't work correctly, say 'f**k it I don't care, and let audi take me for all I'm worth, all because I have children.

I like your use of selective quotes, so I'm not going to bother to respond to you in full either.

Just a couple of things, however.

Do you have children?

I wasn't ******* on his chips in saying that he shouldn't be very proud and excited of being able to have such a car at such a young age, just that at that age he shouldn't be so highly strung about it.
The OP also put himself through the absolute ringer about getting refused for finance for a RS3 previously.

I also certainly wasn't ridiculing stress, I don't for a second expect this is real stress, excuse me for the turn of phrase, real stress is a nasty mental illness that needs help.

Priorities at 19 should be on different things IMO, than on burdening yourself with so much debt that it becomes everything to you. I don't expect that's an issue here though.
Us elders (I think I'm there or there abouts) should pass on our experience to the younger generation, otherwise the experience we have lived counts for nothing. Entirely up to them whether they take heed or not.

No Audi can ever be classed as an investment.

Please don't use the phrase "billy buzzing", it's horrendously inappropriate for an attempted serious discussion.

Yes be annoyed about it when it breaks down, or you scuff a wheel, or it isn't as great as you expected, but it's still just a car, it's fixable and in this case comes with warranty and insurance. But relax about it, Audi will take care of it, they aren't taking anyone for all they are worth as you put it, that's why we are all with a brand like that and if they don't remedy as you like you move on to something else and forget about it. It's unlikely you will have an emotional attachment with any car so much that you'd miss it if it was no longer around.
It's not flesh and bones; it's not your mum, your dad, your sisters, your brothers, your boyfriend, your girlfriend, your children, it's a car. I stand by this, so relax about it, especially at 19 years old.

Last edited:
Reactions: TDI-line, richinsoton and Tom.H
Not exactly his 38k! Its financed up.

Hm, I might not have paid cash but to afford a £38k car you have to be on a relatively significant wage. So the way I see it, financed or not.. it's your ability to afford that car on a monthly basis.

Reactions: 4K, Scottyg, Joe4842 and 1 other person

Thank you.

Reactions: Pook
I like your use of selective quotes, so I'm not going to bother to respond to you in full either.

Do you have children?

I wasn't ******* on his chips in saying that he shouldn't be very proud and excited of being able to have such a car at such a young age, just that at that age he shouldn't be so highly strung about it.
The OP also put himself through the absolute ringer about getting refused for finance for a RS3 previously.

I also certainly wasn't ridiculing stress, I don't for a second expect this is real stress, excuse me for the turn of phrase, real stress is a nasty mental illness that needs help.

Priorities at 19 should be on different things IMO, than on burdening yourself with so much debt that it becomes everything to you. I don't expect that's an issue here though.
Us elders (I think I'm there or there abouts) should pass on our experience to the younger generation, otherwise the experience we have lived counts for nothing. Entirely up to them whether they take heed or not.

Please don't use the phrase "billy buzzing", it's horrendously inappropriate for an attempted serious discussion.

Yes be annoyed about it when it breaks down, or you scuff a wheel, or it isn't as great as you expected, but it's still just a car, it's fixable and in this case comes with warranty and insurance. But relax about it, Audi will take care of it, they aren't taking anyone for all they are worth as you put it, that's why we are all with a brand like that and if they don't remedy as you like you move on to something else and forget about it. It's unlikely you will have an emotional attachment with any car so much that you'd miss it if it was no longer around.
It's not flesh and bones; it's not your mum, your dad, your sisters, your brothers, your boyfriend, your girlfriend, your children, it's a car. I stand by this, so relax about it, especially at 19 years old.

I have little to worry or think about other than the car. I come to work, pass my exams in college and enjoy the car. The car means a lot to me, not just as an asset.

Where you mention debt, I agree I could spend the money better elsewhere. But, none of us would ever enjoy ourselves if we did everything the sensible way. Let's face it, you can't totally justify spending the level of money you did on your car? We will always find reasons to not do things like me being young and the cost of the car, but you equally need to remember the reasons why we all do.

With regards to emotional attachment, as far as I'm concerned I've always gained an amotional attahement to cars, I am surprised all of us on here don't. Going back 10 or so years ago, so I would have be 8/9 I can remember crying all the way to London when my Dad sold out BMW 528i.
I am awful when I sell cars, even when it is an upgrade.. I don't see how it's not possible to get attached. Like the black S3 I had for 5 hours, I felt so guilty seeing it treated the way it was at Europcar I wanted to take it back out of there.

I'm not sure if you watch Top Gear, if you do take yourself back to the Africa Special when Jeremy highlighted that after a short while, cars aren't cars anymore.. you start to love them.

Reactions: Scottyg, Joe4842 and Pook
I do agree the right car will leave an emotional attachment. I'd not class an A3 as something that could do that for me, but each to their own.
I have only had one in 30 odd cars that I had the feeling I wish I hadn't sold. The thing is, I can get another one if I wanted to.

Out of interest what do you do for a living AudiNutta?
I note you are at college, any plans for university?

I do agree the right car will leave an emotional attachment. I'd not class an A3 as something that could do that for me, but each to their own.
I have only had one in 30 odd cars that I had the feeling I wish I hadn't sold. The thing is, I can get another one if I wanted to.

Out of interest what do you do for a living AudiNutta?
I note you are at college, any plans for university?

I guess I've just always cared for things to such an extent I've loved them all.

I'm an Electrical Engineer, I am just finishing up my 4 year apprenticeship now with my first solo shift last week.

I say college, technically it is university already. I am studying HNC, which is a University course at University level it's just my college offers the option to sit it there, which saves an hour travelling each way for me every week. I'm on day release to college, 1 day a week until May when it's all over.

Reactions: Joe4842, CHEZ, MattSedg and 1 other person
I guess I've just always cared for things to such an extent I've loved them all.

I'm an Electrical Engineer, I am just finishing up my 4 year apprenticeship now with my first solo shift last week.

I say college, technically it is university already. I am studying HNC, which is a University course at University level it's just my college offers the option to sit it there, which saves an hour travelling each way for me every week. I'm on day release to college, 1 day a week until May when it's all over.

Oxford, Cambridge, Hull?

Reactions: Jassyo06
I have little to worry or think about other than the car. I come to work, pass my exams in college and enjoy the car. The car means a lot to me, not just as an asset.

Where you mention debt, I agree I could spend the money better elsewhere. But, none of us would ever enjoy ourselves if we did everything the sensible way. Let's face it, you can't totally justify spending the level of money you did on your car? We will always find reasons to not do things like me being young and the cost of the car, but you equally need to remember the reasons why we all do.

With regards to emotional attachment, as far as I'm concerned I've always gained an amotional attahement to cars, I am surprised all of us on here don't. Going back 10 or so years ago, so I would have be 8/9 I can remember crying all the way to London when my Dad sold out BMW 528i.
I am awful when I sell cars, even when it is an upgrade.. I don't see how it's not possible to get attached. Like the black S3 I had for 5 hours, I felt so guilty seeing it treated the way it was at Europcar I wanted to take it back out of there.

I'm not sure if you watch Top Gear, if you do take yourself back to the Africa Special when Jeremy highlighted that after a short while, cars aren't cars anymore.. you start to love them.
props to ya man, im 21 and just ordered my s3, but 19..:hi:hats off to ya

Reactions: Jassyo06, Joe4842, AudiNutta and 3 others
Everybody has different priorities. Spend your money on whatever makes you happy because you can't take it with you.

Just because I drive an A3 S-line people wouldn't think I was a millionaire. It's all about what you deem as important to yourself. Property, investments, running my softwate company are important to me, but for somebody else it might be travelling the world, building homes for the homeless etc. If you want to buy a car because it's important to you then do it. There are a lot of jealous and bitter people in this world.

If you're able to live at home and pay little to nothing on rent/bills etc then you're obviously going to be able to spend more on your personal hobbies, cars etc. From what OP has said it sounds like he has a plan for the future anyway.

Reactions: Scottyg, Joe4842, AudiNutta and 4 others
Everybody has different priorities. Spend your money on whatever makes you happy because you can't take it with you.

Just because I drive an A3 S-line people wouldn't think I was a millionaire. It's all about what you deem as important to yourself. Property, investments, running my softwate company are important to me, but for somebody else it might be travelling the world, building homes for the homeless etc. If you want to buy a car because it's important to you then do it. There are a lot of jealous and bitter people in this world.

If you're able to live at home and pay little to nothing on rent/bills etc then you're obviously going to be able to spend more on your personal hobbies, cars etc. From what OP has said it sounds like he has a plan for the future anyway.

Fancy paying for mine :grinning:

Completely agree with you, I fancied an RS3 - now it would have still had to be PCP which would have been easily affordable but it would have been extra money compared to the S3 that I can use to enjoy myself, I had an amount I was happy to spend and didn't want to go over it. I think so long as you never push yourself to the point of just about managing to pay for it, have what you want and enjoy it.

Reactions: Scottyg, Jassyo06, Joe4842 and 4 others
Oxford, Cambridge, Hull?

Some would say that is the holy trinity of education!

As for the topic of the thread, @AudiNutta I would be exactly the same as you. I'm a worrier, no matter how big or small the issue is. Something like that on a new car would drive me mad, and no matter how anyone else might find it easy to cope with I wouldn't. Glad things seem to be sorting themselves out, once you get the car back I think you'll quickly forget all the drama!

Each to their own in what they spend their money and time on, like @Jamie_88 said, you can't take it with you when you're gone!

Reactions: Joe4842
Thanks Sandra :) I am now very happy too. Cardiff Audi have already told me I will be put forward for the next Audi Experience day at Silverstone, which is very exciting. One thing I might mention is the factory tour, I would love that.

I went on the Experience day courtesy of Richard Joll it's a great day out

Reactions: AudiNutta
I feel for this kid.
I would be very angry, I am an emotional soul and very much ocd about cars, especially my car.
I park miles away from anyone in car parks for example, and go ballistic when I return someone is parked next to me, but maybe that is just me, pffffffffft
With regard to all this grief the lad has experienced, I would be doing back flips
As working in engineering too, it's second nature to assess problems, try and learn and improve on, when something happens beyond our control and at the individuals expense I can sympathise.
Forums are for venting opinions, sharing information and gleening knowledge.
Hope this all works out for the best lad

Reactions: Scottyg, Jassyo06, pburv and 3 others
Fancy paying for mine :grinning:

Completely agree with you, I fancied an RS3 - now it would have still had to be PCP which would have been easily affordable but it would have been extra money compared to the S3 that I can use to enjoy myself, I had an amount I was happy to spend and didn't want to go over it. I think so long as you never push yourself to the point of just about managing to pay for it, have what you want and enjoy it.
That's exactly it. If you live within your means and you can easily pay for a car and not be out of pocket to the extent of struggling to pay for a mortgage, food, bills etc then go for it. PCP deals are great. Despite the interest, the cash is better in your account than Audi's and it's a more manageable way to pay for the majority. I've worked incredibly hard but also been very lucky along the way so I certainly don't take things for granted in this life. I'm not massively into cars myself, but I've always associated Audi as having somewhat of an 'aura' attached to it (probably my dad's influence as a child). If you can afford it and have a plan for the future then go for it OP. There's a lot of hate in this world and (to be cliche) you don't know what's around the corner. Ignore the naysayers :)

Reactions: Scottyg, richinsoton, AudiNutta and 2 others
Gutted for you mate! bought my S3 at 20 from cardiff audi! and luckily i haven't had it miss a beat *touch wood* fingers crossed they sort it ASAP for you and get it back it on the road! And at the end of the day as long as you enjoy the car its worth it! I definitely think its worth every penny to drive an S3.. just wish there was an R at the beginning haha! keep us updated hopefully you have a bit more luck!

Despite the interest, the cash is better in your account than Audi's...

Sorry to pick you up on this, as its OT, but it's exactly because of the interest that the statement isn't correct! Saving accounts will earn you about 0.5% interest, versus' Audi's rate of 6%. You are far better off putting the money into the car than taking it on their finance rate!

Unless you can invest the money into something that will give you a better return than 6%, such as property, then you should always minimise the debt. It's going to be in Audis pocket eventually, might as well reduce the interest you pay if you have the cash....

Reactions: Jassyo06, pburv, richinsoton and 4 others
props to ya man, im 21 and just ordered my s3, but 19..:hi:hats off to ya

They are awesome cars, you won't be disappointed.

Fingers crossed, if it's as special as I expect it to be I will be in an RS3 at 20/21.

I do have a plan yes. At the moment, I'm more than happy to keep the S3 but it's missing things like the tech pack because it was a showroom car that I got a superb deal on.
I will wait and drive the new RS3 when it arrives, if it is that incredible and a whole world of difference then I will order one. In my spec, racing blue mica and make sure it has full paint protection film to stay immaculate for a long period of time. Then I will pay it off and own the car outright. Failing that, I will keep the S3 and pay that off. The difference in total to change would be around £15000 I predict, purchase cost.

Once I am at the end of the 4 year lease, I will finance the remaining payments which will be cheaper and then look to move out.

Some would say that is the holy trinity of education!

As for the topic of the thread, @AudiNutta I would be exactly the same as you. I'm a worrier, no matter how big or small the issue is. Something like that on a new car would drive me mad, and no matter how anyone else might find it easy to cope with I wouldn't. Glad things seem to be sorting themselves out, once you get the car back I think you'll quickly forget all the drama!

Each to their own in what they spend their money and time on, like @Jamie_88 said, you can't take it with you when you're gone!

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I never doubted the car would be repaired, it was just a worry that Audi would take me totally for granted and supply me with the Astra for the same monthly payments I am paying. I'm happy now I have the S3 demonstrator. I'm still paying for an S3 yes, but one bonus is I'm not putting any miles on it. My work is moving from a 24 mile return commute back to a 1 mile return commute. Literally, 0.4 miles from the garage to the barrier so I will be getting a pushbike and the S3 will just become a toy anyway.

I'm glad I've driven a manual. It is very rewarding when driving spiritedly, but around town I would prefer the S Tronic. I have driven a fair range of cars and I am happy to say the manual gearbox in the S3 is the most difficult. Very satisfying, but I'm finding it is taking time to get smooth with it especially when driving quickly. Long term, I think I would stick with the S Tronic now the 'honeymoon phase' is over with the manual.

I went on the Experience day courtesy of Richard Joll it's a great day out

I'm very excited. Richard is an absolute star, a really genuine bloke and really cannot do enough for you.. very happy with his service, which is much more like a friendship.

Gutted for you mate! bought my S3 at 20 from cardiff audi! and luckily i haven't had it miss a beat *touch wood* fingers crossed they sort it ASAP for you and get it back it on the road! And at the end of the day as long as you enjoy the car its worth it! I definitely think its worth every penny to drive an S3.. just wish there was an R at the beginning haha! keep us updated hopefully you have a bit more luck!

It's interesting to see just how many people have used Cardiff. I see a few S3's around Cwmbran area, my girlfriend sees the most driving there for work but I don't see them that often considering how many have come out of the woodwork on here haha.

It's interesting to see just how many people have used Cardiff. I see a few S3's around Cwmbran area, my girlfriend sees the most driving there for work but I don't see them that often considering how many have come out of the woodwork on here haha.

Mine will be gone soon so it'll be one less you'll see unless it gets sold to another local person lol

You're mad mate, I assume you're still living with your parents? If I was in your shoes and was able to pay a PCP on a new RS3 I would be sinking that cash into a mortgage instead, especially as rates are so low at the moment.

Boring oldish fart I may be but when I was your age I was exactly the same; however I quickly realised there is more to life than cars.

Reactions: CraigI, Glasgoe Joe, Jassyo06 and 3 others
If the 2018 RS3 sedan looked like the A3 Clubsport Quattro Concept car. I'd be all over how to get that car.
I was a bit disappointed to see the production model looks like a polished S3 facelift and nothing to write home about.

Perhaps if Audi ever decides to release the Audi Quattro Concept Sport, there will be another Audi for me to lust over, but for now I'm content with my A3.

You're mad mate, I assume you're still living with your parents? If I was in your shoes and was able to pay a PCP on a new RS3 I would be sinking that cash into a mortgage instead, especially as rates are so low at the moment.

Boring oldish fart I may be but when I was your age I was exactly the same; however I quickly realised there is more to life than cars.

Yes I am, it's far too cheap to move out yet and plus the car fits in the garage.. just ;) I have a couple of inches either end haha.

That's what everyone says, to put it into property.. it would be too sensible :( haha.

I hope to always try and keep the nice cars, that's why I have said I will pay off whatever car I end up with in say 12 months time. That way it might not be new, but I will be in an Audi Sport vehicle.

Reactions: Joe4842 and Sandra

Do you have children?

I'm 18 and looking into getting an S3 at 19 just like Matthew. I don't really like it when folk far older than the likes of ourselves tell us that we ARE doing the wrong thing with regards to doing the 'right thing' (not inclining that at you but more in the grand scheme of things) times have changed now and young folks' wants and needs have changed. Lots of people far older than me would say Finance is not good because you don't own the car, or you will get in debt from it, but any level headed guy who has spent long enough looking into it would not dive in for an S3 if they even thought it remotely close to getting them into debt. I don't know if Matthew is on the housing ladder yet , but I'm on a similar wage to him and simply spend very little, nor am I ready to be moving out for a good few years yet, and as it happens I have a love for cars which is why I am set on getting an s3. I understand that everyone has different views but everyone is also set in their own ways to an extent, personally 30 people could come to me and say don't get an S3, put a deposit down for a house, but that is what they would do, where I am in life I want a high end car which I can enjoy for a few years whilst I know I will be financially stable. When it comes to jumping on the housing ladder I may not be able to afford such a nice car so IMO its best to get it and enjoy it whilst you can as the opportunity may never arise again.

Reactions: Scottyg, pburv, AudiNutta and 1 other person
I'm 18 and looking into getting an S3 at 19 just like Matthew. I don't really like it when folk far older than the likes of ourselves tell us that we ARE doing the wrong thing with regards to doing the 'right thing' (not inclining that at you but more in the grand scheme of things) times have changed now and young folks' wants and needs have changed. Lots of people far older than me would say Finance is not good because you don't own the car, or you will get in debt from it, but any level headed guy who has spent long enough looking into it would not dive in for an S3 if they even thought it remotely close to getting them into debt. I don't know if Matthew is on the housing ladder yet , but I'm on a similar wage to him and simply spend very little, nor am I ready to be moving out for a good few years yet, and as it happens I have a love for cars which is why I am set on getting an s3. I understand that everyone has different views but everyone is also set in their own ways to an extent, personally 30 people could come to me and say don't get an S3, put a deposit down for a house, but that is what they would do, where I am in life I want a high end car which I can enjoy for a few years whilst I know I will be financially stable. When it comes to jumping on the housing ladder I may not be able to afford such a nice car so IMO its best to get it and enjoy it whilst you can as the opportunity may never arise again.
Good for you and well said. Its your life and you do what you want in the order that suits you and your lifestyle and don't let anyone change your mind.

Reactions: Scottyg, pburv, AudiNutta and 1 other person

You are exactly the same as me! My money will go up by another 1/3 by the time I look at an RS3. The sensible option is always easily passed onto us, by those who have done it or along the lines of it and reflected on it many years down the line.

I understand why it would be good to get on the property ladder, which I am not. But the way I see it, the last 18 years of my life have been spent in education and I've worked hard to get where I am.. I should take the opportunity to enjoy it while I can. You should too!

Reactions: pburv, Sandra and Joe4842
You are exactly the same as me! My money will go up by another 1/3 by the time I look at an RS3. The sensible option is always easily passed onto us, by those who have done it or along the lines of it and reflected on it many years down the line.

I understand why it would be good to get on the property ladder, which I am not. But the way I see it, the last 18 years of my life have been spent in education and I've worked hard to get where I am.. I should take the opportunity to enjoy it while I can. You should too!
Well said Matt. You enjoy the fact you have a good education and can have a nice car when you are young enough to enjoy it. Going on the property ladder will come eventually. :) x

Reactions: pburv and AudiNutta
Ah the youth of today lol.

Back in the 90's when I was in my late teens, my number one priority was to move out of my parents' house and get a pad of my own.

I was fortunate to land a great job which sent me abroad for 3 years (all travel and accommodation was covered) so I saved my nuts off so that when I left to get an even better job (I doubled my salary) I was able to put a 50% deposit down on my first property.

I realise things are a lot different now than 20 years ago and it is almost impossible for young people to get on the housing ladder these days, but that shouldn't detract from the fact that you should still put away money to help get onto it, or if not, for a rainy day when you might need it.

If I had a 19 yr old at home who was wanting a £40k car, I would be doing my hardest to advise them to save that money for the future. As a responsible parent, I also wouldn't be happy with them cutting about in such a high performance car with so few years driving experience under their belt.

Reactions: SteveMcB, Glasgoe Joe, Joe4842 and 4 others
Ah the youth of today lol.

Back in the 90's when I was in my late teens, my number one priority was to move out of my parents' house and get a pad of my own.

I was fortunate to land a great job which sent me abroad for 3 years (all travel and accommodation was covered) so I saved my nuts off so that when I left to get an even better job (I doubled my salary) I was able to put a 50% deposit down on my first property.

I realise things are a lot different now than 20 years ago and it is almost impossible for young people to get on the housing ladder these days, but that shouldn't detract from the fact that you should still put away money to help get onto it, or if not, for a rainy day when you might need it.

If I had a 19 yr old at home who was wanting a £40k car, I would be doing my hardest to advise them to save that money for the future. As a responsible parent, I also wouldn't be happy with them cutting about in such a high performance car with so few years driving experience under their belt.

This!

I'm hardly what you would regard as an 'elder' being just 29, but my parents would never have lent me money when I was 19 to lose tens of thousands of pounds on a high performance Audi...instead they pushed me to save and I was able to buy my first place when I was 22 with my GF. Best thing I ever did. Set me up so well for my future. I spent £12k on a used Golf during this time and wish I didn't as I lost a few grand on that. I cant imagine the feeling of losing upwards of £15k of my savings...

Even if you can save that money back up in the same 3 years, I still wouldn't advise it, as you can just get a nicer first home with a larger deposit!

We are merely trying to part some wisdom given the benefit of experience. If I knew what I did today back when I was 19, I would of done a lot of things differently...!

Plenty of time to enjoy nice cars in the very near future :)

Reactions: Jassyo06, Tom.H, davc and 1 other person
As a forum dedicated to the owners of hugely overpriced German cars from a maker known to flout the rules a bit when it comes to telling us how much we are going to be spending on petrol, it seems odd that so many are so willing to offer financial advice and opinions upon what's mad or not, based merely on the OP's age. I'd argue that the act of pouring the thick end of £40k into a small hatchback is just as mad whether you're 19 or 90, and since none of us has bought a Kia, we're probably not that likely to be called upon as expert witnesses when it comes to being sensible with our cash.

Besides, since no-one got this;
Oxford, Cambridge, Hull?
South Wales, so no where near haha. It is more of a mainstream university course.
I think the youngsters might be out-numbering everyone here.
IMG 1149

Reactions: Pook, Jassyo06, pburv and 5 others
As a forum dedicated to the owners of hugely overpriced German cars from a maker known to flout the rules a bit when it comes to telling us how much we are going to be spending on petrol, it seems odd that so many are so willing to offer financial advice and opinions upon what's mad or not, based merely on the OP's age. I'd argue that the act of pouring the thick end of £40k into a small hatchback is just as mad whether you're 19 or 90, and since none of us has bought a Kia, we're probably not that likely to be called upon as expert witnesses when it comes to being sensible with our cash.

Besides, since no-one got this;

I think the youngsters might be out-numbering everyone here.
View attachment 117341

Of course everyone knows only two of those are great universities...Cambridge is a dump...!

I'm merely suggesting the OP squanders his money after moving out, since he will likely wish he had the money for a deposit in a few years time.

Only have to look at the amount of AutoTrader adverts that state "selling due to wanting to free up money for a deposit", to realise its less fruitless (slightly) to get a high end Audi after buying property!

Plenty of time to waste money on silly cars...!

Reactions: GSB, davc and richinsoton