EPC Light in Wet Conditions

Steve 7891

Reaction score
Greetings
I am just wondering if any one else has had the EPC light come on while in wet driving conditions. I was off to buy some detailing supplies this morning and as i was enjoying the power snails boost as i pulled onto a 70 road as soon as i went to shift to 3rd i had a massive power loss the car went flat disabled my boost and EPC light came on the dash.
Once i arrived at somewhere safe i could turn the car on and off in case it didn't fire back up again the light simply went away until i finished driving to my destination and came back on during my drive home so again I stopped the car, turned it on and off so it went away again. I continued to drive the car to see if i could recreate the issue and its since gone away.

If any one else has came across this in the past it would be nice to know just to put my mind at rest.
From a search a lot of people seem to say its a sensor fault of some type.

I had the same thing happen in my 2015 2.0 A3 in the middle of a Florida torrential down pour. Pulled over, turned the engine off and restarted and the light went away. Brought it to dealer the next day and they found nothing and thought I may have gotten some bad gas. I've put on about 2000 miles since and it hasn't reoccurred.

I got the Car serviced today and i got a print out of the diagnostics and it flagged as a Boost Sensor failure. As it is currently working i will just see how it goes and worse case i have to replace it in future