brembo 18z shopping list.

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
having just purchased a very nice set of the 18'z I will now need to obtain the other parts to get them fitted.
The calipers are complete but without pads.
I assume i'll need the following :

front 350x32 mm discs (ML or similar)
set of pads
two brake lines
and 4 mounting bolts.

what are the recommended parts to use chaps and any good sources to get them from, I don't want to mad but just get the bits to do the job without going over the top if you get my drift as I need to keep the final bill to £500 or less, well that's my objective.

any feedback would be greatfully received.
rob

So do they 18z just bolt straight on to the original caliper points?

yep , that's why these were a good buy dani.

Reactions: Dani_B19
Quite a few people have used the above link Rob and I can't remember one of them saying anything but positive about them.

Now get em bought & get em on and no more SSD excuses!

Reactions: tony mc and Sandra
Oh and best be quick as they only have one set left so stop dawdling and Buy Buy Buy....

bth_waiting2.gif

Rob wondering whether to or not......​

lol.....i'm working on it.....but don't forget I am a 53 year old and can only get around on my zimmerframe , so things will take me a little bit longer than all these youngsters..lol

or me, less talking more buying and fitting lol

Reactions: Dani_B19 and carlcall
Thanks for the link tony, much appreciated.

Reactions: tony mc
I've done my bit carl, just waiting for a reply back from the sellers of the kits to take my money as ebay wont process the item number for some mad reason.....says its an invalid item number....bizarre or what.

Reactions: tony mc and carlcall
yes I did, and then stupidly decided that I didn't need them and that i could use the funds on other b7 projects, sold them not longer after ( at a small profit aswell) . Been having a BBK midlife crisis ever since so when these 18z came up on gumtree over the weekend and they were such a good price and just couldn't control myself and had to get them.......so still ended up with some big old brakes which will come in for the lot at £510 fitted, some times things workout just nicely.

yes I did, and then stupidly decided that I didn't need them and that i could use the funds on other b7 projects, sold them not longer after ( at a small profit aswell) . Been having a BBK midlife crisis ever since so when these 18z came up on gumtree over the weekend and they were such a good price and just couldn't control myself and had to get them.......so still ended up with some big old brakes which will come in for the lot at £510 fitted, some times things workout just nicely.
fair enough and well done on not making a loss on them. im being a good boy and although i keep reading everyones upgrades making me very jel im sticking to genral mantince and saving for a s4 unless someone want to give me 15k for a nice rs4.

Reactions: Charlie Farley and tony mc
don't blame you martin , well worth saving for an S4 chap, i'm still on the lookout for the right rs4 avant , been to look at a fair few but still cant find that "special one" if you know what I mean, decided that I will not rush out an buy the first one I see, but upto now I haven't found the right one but i'm in no rush as I have my trust old A4 avant , and that's a keeper.....just love it now.

all done now so many thanks for all your help and input chaps, very greatfull , just need to wait for the jolly old postman......

have a good evening all.
rob

Fingers crossed they fit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dont temp fate Carl, you know what Rob's like when it comes to putting things on the car that dont fit. wit till he needs some wheels now ha, ha.

Reactions: carlcall and martin1984
what are you guys like...haha, of course they will fit...when do I ever have non fitting issues..lol

maybe time for some nice new alloys.........now what ones will be best.

Reactions: FUSSER-3 and tony mc
what are you guys like...haha, of course they will fit...when do I ever have non fitting issues..lol

maybe time for some nice new alloys.........now what ones will be best.
just for you with your love for wheels
1.jpg

Reactions: Charlie Farley, tony mc and carlcall
i'm thinking this colour ......looks as mad as a box of frogs , just toying with the colour scheme...lol
Br5

that's a plan guys , nice dark purple ...or if you're my age a little bit of " deep purple"

Reactions: carlcall and tony mc
your forgetting carl , everythings black and white in my world......lol

dare you to put a decal on like this Rob instead of the brembo one's, ha, ha
Cadcad

Reactions: carlcall
I bet you don't think I would tony, I am allways willing to push the boundry with something different.., maybe this is it ...lol

Reactions: tony mc and carlcall
IMG 0254
Just a thought

Reactions: martin1984, tony mc and carlcall
i used these guy's Rob for the full kit, no scouting around looking to find all the parts and works out roughly the same as sourcing separately, the customer care is class as well mate

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fitting-k...724085?hash=item2a7a22bfb5:g:N-wAAOSwMNxXa8k6

Not sure about these guys now, they were on the ball when I made the order and paid the money etc but I've been emailing for a week now re the HEL lines delivery dates etc without a reply from them , their landline number is no longer in service either, mobile number wont take incoming calls......not really what I was expecting, I don't mind waiting but I do like to be kept upto speed on outstanding orders.
Looks like i'll go with Ajax RS4 lines now....

well i never expected to hear that either mate, the service i received from them was faultless,