Facelift S3 First Impressions

RM88

Reaction score
Took delivery of the car last Wednesday so not an in depth look but first impressions are that I'm really impressed! :laughing:

I've owned a BMW M135 in the past and if I'm honest the S3 really does feel better. Gearbox is great, engine is a winner (hard to believe it's a 2 ltr) and the handling is surprisingly good. The interior is a real positive, nice tech and feels quality. Currently driving in dynamic mode everywhere but it's nice to see a car were the differences between modes can actually be felt.

I have leased mine so contact with regards to issues has been a bit lacking. Currently waiting on a response for leather damage to steering wheel. Also first sunny day with car and the dreaded swirl marks have raised their head. I knew I should have asked for zero prep/valet it's like they clean cars with brillo pads! Or dropped their rag about a thousand times into a grit pit. :coldsweat: Anyone else experienced this via a delivered lease?

As you can see a nice bit of holograming on the rear door to be fair in the flesh its a lot worse. Anyway such is life, overall very happy with the car and looking forward to putting some miles on it.

IMG 2772
IMG 2773

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Unless its really really bad, they wont be interested in doing much for you.

As far as they are concerned, the paint hasnt been physically damaged. (Even though to a car fan/detailer it is)

Worth a try to see if they will do anything....but I wouldn't get your hopes up!

Don't ask you don't get. Be nice about it as just complaining won't get you anywhere. It's easily corrected if you have the equipment and time. But I know how you feel. I never let them touch the car when in for service. Got signs printed telling them not to. You'll find them pinned in the detailing section.

Cheers guys for the info. The main issue that I'd like to get sorted is the ring marks/crease on the steering wheel as it's something that keeps catching my eye and I was in 2 minds to have a minor detail anyway come summer so might just leave the swirl issue.

I know the mark is only minor but it will annoy the hell out me :grin:

IMG 2736