TT-RS Engine cover

connorhood95

Reaction score
Anyone got any photos of their s3 with a ttrs engine cover? Also anyone know of a stockist of them? Only 1 one on ebay atm for £500!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

You do mean the TTS engine cover?

The RS is a 5pot with only a cam cover and coil pack shield.

If so then you could try Pat at LVSRacing

Reactions: connorhood95
Ah my mistake! I mean the tts cover! Ive also found a stockist now £135 for a cover and the 3 bolts

Reactions: S3Alex
Could you share the name of the stockist? I'm keen on this too.

Regards
I contacted him on facebook through his personal account, ive messages him to see if he is on here so i can share his username ill reply when he does mate

Reactions: samuelh_888

Regards

Try the parts request on this site. Audi will not let you buy the 2 rear bolts but Mike the parts expert has had his own versions made up.

Reactions: S3Alex

Regards
Brodster is his username, said hes not as active on here anymore Mark Brodie is his facebook name

As above, use the parts request link on the menu. Mike will sort you out, including he rear bolts which are hard to find.

Got mine from Mike with the bolts, best man for the job.
cIoox0u.jpg

Reactions: connorhood95
IMG 0525

Tsr performance do nice engine cover they do full carbon fibre ones and they do them in different coloured plastic they look spot on and fit spot on mate . They are a site sponsor on here

Reactions: Adamski_A3 and connorhood95
I guess I might as well join in, my S3 with TTS cover painted Dolphin Grey with VWR intake.

IMG 6881

Reactions: derekw
AKS Tuning also have their own version of the long bolts that are impossible to get hold of. Worth giving them a call and they may send you a photo?

Has anyone got one of these covers on with a forge catch can. The hoses get in the way of the front mounting point, just wondering if anybody has a solution otherwise I may as well sell my cover

Me. You don't need 3rd small mount. Just use 2 long ones at the back and the cover won't go anywhere.

I've just got one thats currently being painted. It came with two bolts for fixing at £140 delivered. If anyone wants a link to the supplier, let me know. I would appreciate someone showing me where the bolts go/how to fit, if possible, for when I get it back.

Can someone tell me how many of the long bolts you need to fit this engine cover? I was only supplied with 2 but not sure if it supposed to be 3? I've not gotten round to looking at fitting it yet (still with paint shop) so only just realised.

2 long bolts and 1 short. Long ones replace the bolts at the top end (at each corner) of the rocker cover and short one goes somewhere on the intake manifold (i don't have that one).

2 long bolts and 1 short. Long ones replace the bolts at the top end (at each corner) of the rocker cover and short one goes somewhere on the intake manifold (i don't have that one).

Ah right! That sounds ok. I got two long bolts and a small screw/bolt in a plastic bag. Must be the one. Thanks!

You can see the 2 rear bolts in this pic, the one on the right is Mikes handy work, perfect match :)
7fk5vsy.jpg

You can unscrew the bolts in top of the rocker cover quite easily but then you will find they will not come out of the hole. This is due to the rubber sealing washer being a tight fit. Best then to grab it with long nose pliers and pull upwards.
With the little bolt at the front, make sure you have a tight fitting ring spanner or deep socket as it is very easy to round off the corners.

Reactions: S3VDO
You can unscrew the bolts in top of the rocker cover quite easily but then you will find they will not come out of the hole. This is due to the rubber sealing washer being a tight fit. Best then to grab it with long nose pliers and pull upwards.
With the little bolt at the front, make sure you have a tight fitting ring spanner or deep socket as it is very easy to round off the corners.
Thank you for the advice. This forum is invaluable!