Oil pressure light issue. Engine codes

Chriscooke

Clueless!
Reaction score
Website
www.sxoc.com
My oil pressure light came on while doing a decent turn of speed on the motorway earlier. I'm assuming the engine is dead now but will get a mechanic mate to look at it first. It's not sounding pretty though.

Iirc the engine code on the qts is ajl? Would any other codes work on these cars?

Engine sounded perfect when I started the car earlier and had no warning light. Dropped the oil and blown an air line through the oil filter adaptor to make sure the oil pick up was clear, some sludge came out so fingers crossed.

New filter and oil in now so fingers crossed.

I seized the engine on my track car, after ignoring the oil pressure light. It locked up when i clutched out to downshift for a corner. Stopped at the side and tried to start it a few times and just got a click, then after 3 or 4 attempts it started and sounded like a bag of spanners. Figured it was already knackered so drove back to the pits. Parked it on the trailer and went home.

Was surprised to find it sounded completely normal once it had cooled down. Like you i changed the oil, flushed it out etc and installed a pressure guage to see what was going on. When cold it all looked great. Plenty of pressure, no noise, it all sounded perfect.

Once it warmed up though, the oil pressure fell off a cliff. When i pulled the sump off it had clearly spun a bearing.

Interesting. Was running earlier at idle for about 15 mins and drove about 15 miles including 10 motorway, will see how it goes, I'm under no illusions that it's fixed yet but I do have my fingers crossed all the same.