First time poster, long time in the shadows

Snow Addict

Reaction score
Hi all,
Been hiding in the shadows for a few months since picking up my A4 Avant 2.0tdi 150 sport.

Absolutely loving the car, huge step up from the 2014 Passat estate I owned previously.
Installed the 3 channel DTUK box today, and wow really changes the car.
I'm big into my detailing, the cars had the full Gtechniq new car protection package.

Here's a couple of pics....
45a4adf117b6ef7a0280b5697318ab7b.jpg

cb69c7ec16497d4fc6ebf54bd40a6fea.jpg

c71ede415c5f7e93a34d8de8ac991f66.jpg

Thanks for looking, and looking forward to getting involved in the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: duckduck, NickGun, Rob_F and 2 others
Welcome along @Snow Addict

Stunning A4. You'd need to be a detailing nut to buy black. I am also but will never go black again. My OCD kicks in too quickly!

Enjoy the forum and pop into the detailing section if you have any tips for other members.

Reactions: scotty76
Welcome along @Snow Addict

Stunning A4. You'd need to be a detailing nut to buy black. I am also but will never go black again. My OCD kicks in too quickly!

Enjoy the forum and pop into the detailing section if you have any tips for other members.

Thanks for the welcome, yeah black is a nightmare. I really don't know why we have two black cars! I'll pop over to the detailing section and have a nose about.

Reactions: Scottyg
Could I ask how many miles you had on the car when you put the DTUK box on, and if you are able to share any indication of insurance costs with the box? Just pondering the future for now, but trying to gather opinions in the meantime :grin:

Cheers

Cars covered 6k, dtuk recommend 600-1000 miles I think. The insurance has gone up by £48.35 (as random as they could make it) for the year. Hope that helps?

Reactions: Scottyg
Cars covered 6k, dtuk recommend 600-1000 miles I think. The insurance has gone up by £48.35 (as random as they could make it) for the year. Hope that helps?

Yes, thank you very much! Insurance isn't the blocker I feared it might be then, who is that with?

Won't be rushing into anything as want to see how the car loosens up over the next 1k or so and need to get my ECU fault codes sorted before anything...but I did pass 600 miles today :sly:

Cheers

The A4 looks awesome!! You can tell you are into your detailing!!

I am considering the DTUK box instead of a custom stage 1 remap. But I have always been wary of tuning boxes instead of remaps.... Does it all work ok, or do you have some start/stop issues??

Yes, thank you very much! Insurance isn't the blocker I feared it might be then, who is that with?

Won't be rushing into anything as want to see how the car loosens up over the next 1k or so and need to get my ECU fault codes sorted before anything...but I did pass 600 miles today :sly:

Cheers

Insured through Esure, If I was at 600 miles I'd wait another 400 but that's just my opinion. Well worth it though, the 40 minute drive earlier was like I was in a different car. Really put a smile on my face

The A4 looks awesome!! You can tell you are into your detailing!!

I am considering the DTUK box instead of a custom stage 1 remap. But I have always been wary of tuning boxes instead of remaps.... Does it all work ok, or do you have some start/stop issues??

Thankyou, it's had many hours spent on it :)

Only fitted the box today, but the start/stop fault has 9/10 times been down to a faulty sensor which by the looks of things is a common fault, and all covered by Audi. From the 40 minute drive today I can already say it's worth it, if that was my demo drive I'd have handed my hard earned cash over straight away with a smile. I've remapped pretty much all my previous cars, but there was no way I wanted to loose the valuable warranty so the box was the only way forward in my eyes. But by no means a compromise.

Ok that is worth knowing :)

I have remapped all my previous Audi's and the Audi service dept at my local dealership has never had any issues with my remapping habits. The first Audi I owned an A3 2.0TDI, the dealership mapped it for me using a Superchips map.

Definitely worth considering.....

On another note has anyone experienced that the DIS on start up normally displays speed, now mine has randomly started displaying Range on start up. Any way to change this?

Last edited: