Dirt is a protective coat, right?!

Phil73

Reaction score
having tried unsuccessfully on a few weekends to find the time (or weather) to get my car washed, just wondered who has the DIRTIEST car this winter?
Think it was last washed early Jan, the photos don't really do the smoked blacked alloy wheel look justice!
Now bear in mind it's a lease car and they are more worried about dents and scratches than is it shiny when it goes back

On a separate note, got the tyres (Bridgestone) checked today, still got 4mm /4-5000 miles left after 17000 miles, not bad at all.
IMG 1005
IMG 1004

Reactions: NickGun, mjcourtney, Thundercliffe81 and 1 other person
Not really, no time during the day really and don't fancy getting my suit soaked lol

having tried unsuccessfully on a few weekends to find the time (or weather) to get my car washed, just wondered who has the DIRTIEST car this winter?
Think it was last washed early Jan, the photos don't really do the smoked blacked alloy wheel look justice!
Now bear in mind it's a lease car and they are more worried about dents and scratches than is it shiny when it goes back

Ours looked very similar last month...

IMG 2983

Couldn't stand it any longer and had to get the buckets out...

IMG 1254

Reactions: Phil73, THQuattro, Sandra and 1 other person
:wtf: This post makes me sad :blownose: go clean your cars!!! :whip:

Reactions: Dave70, NickGun, Snow Addict and 2 others
Ah, I should have taken a pic of mine this morning.. after only 2 weeks on the M6 it was near half as bad as these have been all winter! It's in the dealership to check out an issue so will be 'clean' the next time I see it... its basically the only time my cars get cleaned :smiley:

Not got any photos but my car collected so much dirt that you could see nothing from the parking cameras

Not got any photos but my car collected so much dirt that you could see nothing from the parking cameras

Know the feeling, the rear parking sensors were playing up on ours due to the amount of detritus covering them after my better half had used the car for a fortnight... :triumph:

Mine hasn't been cleaned since October..... I literally haven't had time and don't trust the local jet wash. Also had an operation so couldn't do anything for 2 months

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
Mine hasn't been cleaned since October..... I literally haven't had time and don't trust the local jet wash. Also had an operation so couldn't do anything for 2 months

I gotta see that...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: h1r4
Brake dust protects against rust

Reactions: Phil73
i'll get a before and after picture. cleaning it on wednesday.

Sorry folks, I win the title of dirtiest B9! Doh!! The joys of living on a building site.

Attachments

• IMG_1015.JPG
    IMG_1015.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 274
  • IMG_1016.JPG
    IMG_1016.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 269
The other week my daily was that bad you could not read the plate.
My neighbour actually said he thought it was his car as i never see him cleaning it.

Mine is white and doesn't look dirty....because I clean it!

What exactly do you want me to `quit`?

I've had many different coloured cars (including my last one (Mazda6) being the same as your current car) and I haven't found my white one needs any more work than any others...with one exception...a black CRV I had a few years back.

Lol, apologies for the typo meant 'Quite'. You're correct in that black cars show the dirt, and any swirls, more than white, which is very good at hiding swirls. Don't get me wrong, the A4 looks fantastic in white you just have to put in the effort to keep it clean over the winter period especially if you live where I do. It is good that you are able to do this and keep up the good work!!

She's finally clean! What was a glorious sunny day has now turned drab, doesn't do the shine any justice!! Somerset weather.

Attachments

• IMG_1032.JPG
    IMG_1032.JPG
    240.9 KB · Views: 224
Reactions: cuke2u
She's finally clean! What was a glorious sunny day has now turned drab, doesn't do the shine any justice!! Somerset weather.
Prey tell...is that solid or metallic white?

Ibis white. Surprisingly enough it does come up well.....

Attachments

• IMG_9154.JPG
    IMG_9154.JPG
    976.8 KB · Views: 209
Before:

After:

Reactions: ANX and THQuattro
I actually managed to get a white car go green through lack of cleaning.

You certainly make your readers work...I'm assuming `Bhell` is because you cant be bothered to type ****** Hell?

Yes mate
My cars are at the bottom of my signature same as yours.

Clean now! At least the outside is!
0733b938f1ca8284ef4b45946a664cc8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk