ebay/paypal payment

205man

Reaction score
ive sold some items on ebay and put that payment was to be recieved within 48hrs via paypal, everyone paid except one

but he then paid but was just over the 48hr limit i had asked, but i wasnt bothered to much as i wasnt at home to check.

but heres the thing the total invoice for his item incl p&p was only £5.75, but he has sent me a paypal payment of £10 to apologise for his late payment.

should i accept it or should i be wary? he has 100% feedback and according to paypal his address is verified, i have sent him a message to ask why he round it up to £10 if he was rounding up surely made sense to round up to £6

what would you do?? and do you think its for real??

i've overpaid before as an apology. He's only gone up by £4. Any less and it's not really much of an apology.

Just wait for another 24 hours to see if you get feedback from ebay, I had an overpayment from south africa lol, by a tenner, then got a message from ebay a few hours later telling me it was a hoax. good thing I checked before I sent the item off, and I managed to offer it as a 2nd chance offer to the next highest bidder, which was accepted.

Lots of scammers out there, so be aware!

hes not from south afria - i had enough problems with them when i was selling a mobile phone, he actually from the midlands like me so i could always go huint him down if he shafted me lol

if you've got the tenner in your paypal account, then take it.

Was it for a pink handbag ? I'm on the lookout for one . . .

Wicked666 said:
i've overpaid before as an apology. He's only gone up by £4. Any less and it's not really much of an apology.

Ditto!! (Not that I can at the mo..) but yes as a form of apology or Inconvenience I've done that set maybe a fiver over the odds only. I know that this will annoy some people, as the old saying is " A fool and their money etc.." well sometimes it helps, to smooth the way... As "H" Ming Blue will verify, I recently bid on a guitar, I know the value of it and what it will fetch, however the auction had expired with no bidders (complicated auction, don't ask!) and I thought, I can get this picked up by a mate if he's still interested on selling.. so I contacted him OUT of Ebay and yes he was still selling, I asked if he would parcel it as I was willing to pay, he came back and said OK £10, So I offered £15 in case of extras (Paper, bubble wrap etc etc..) and all went smoothly... So yes, it can be as a form of apology/inconvenience. I check and offer him the chance to say "No thanks, thats for you mate.." better safe than sorry.. :icon_thumright:

Olly_K said:
if you've got the tenner in your paypal account, then take it.

Was it for a pink handbag ? I'm on the lookout for one . . .

Yeah... Nadia is still waiting on hers...:eyebrows: ;)