S1 collected tomorrow!!

d_xniel

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm brand new to the forum, and actually new to Audi's so thought I'd post a 'hello' thread.

Ive just jumped from a Honda Civic Type R Premier Edition to just buying an Audi S1 and cannot wait to collect tomorrow!! It's Glacier white, Sat Nav, Bose, Super sports seats (grey and red), Flat bottom wheel, 18'' wheels, pano roof etc etc. Pretty much spec'd out minus heated seats, the quattro spoiler and red highlights in the headlight (Part of quattro exterior pack).

Before buying this, i've read loads of reviews etc, and they all seem to be absolutely great but after actually buying this, I joined this club and I've noticed the most common fault is the clutch.

The car is coming from Audi as a used approved with 10k miles on. I've noticed that many are getting slipping clutches from 10k onwards. Are these on standard powered cars or remapped ones? I just wanted to know what everyones approach has been getting the problem sorted when it occurs. I'm genuinely interested, as I feel my time will come in the near future and I don't even have the car yet lol.

I'm not planning on remapping as the car is coming with warranty and don't want to disturb that.

I look forward to seeing how other people dealt with this. What I love about this car is that they're so exclusive, I feel this forum is like a little family of S1's and hopefully everyone is looking out for each other.

Thanks!

Daniel

Reactions: Sandra and Ian Whiffen
Hi guys,

I'm brand new to the forum, and actually new to Audi's so thought I'd post a 'hello' thread.

Ive just jumped from a Honda Civic Type R Premier Edition to just buying an Audi S1 and cannot wait to collect tomorrow!! It's Glacier white, Sat Nav, Bose, Super sports seats (grey and red), Flat bottom wheel, 18'' wheels, pano roof etc etc. Pretty much spec'd out minus heated seats, the quattro spoiler and red highlights in the headlight (Part of quattro exterior pack).

Before buying this, i've read loads of reviews etc, and they all seem to be absolutely great but after actually buying this, I joined this club and I've noticed the most common fault is the clutch.

The car is coming from Audi as a used approved with 10k miles on. I've noticed that many are getting slipping clutches from 10k onwards. Are these on standard powered cars or remapped ones? I just wanted to know what everyones approach has been getting the problem sorted when it occurs. I'm genuinely interested, as I feel my time will come in the near future and I don't even have the car yet lol.

I'm not planning on remapping as the car is coming with warranty and don't want to disturb that.

I look forward to seeing how other people dealt with this. What I love about this car is that they're so exclusive, I feel this forum is like a little family of S1's and hopefully everyone is looking out for each other.

Thanks!

Daniel
Sounds great, enjoy. You will see on here that it doesn't seem to matter whether it's mapped or not. Someone only managed 1200 miles on their non mapped car and my mapped one is just over 27000 miles, it slips in sixth if you floor it otherwise in lower gears it's fine. Just watch your pull offs from standing is the best advice. All those fast pull aways from the lights take their toll lol

Reactions: d_xniel
Hi Daniel, welcome to audi-sport.net. Look forward to pics of the car when you collect. I'm sure you will love the new car. Enjoy the forum :)

Thanks for the reply guys, I will defiantly get some pictures up once I pick it up, hoping the weather is half decent.

Will defiantly take your advise on the launches as I was guessing this would be the easiest way to prevent anything.

Also another question was real life MPG. It's an issue for me as I've come from a performance car background but would be good to know what other people are achieving to give me a rough figure on what I could achieve.

Thanks!

Welcome to ASN Daniel. Look forward to seeing your pictures from collection.

My car is on 11k miles now, and the clutch is fine - standard car as well. In relation to MPG, expect between 25-30 on a leisurely run.

That's great, thanks!

I was achieving around 22-25 on the Type R, so I guess this should treat me a little better, even by a little percentage lol.

Thanks again guys - will upload photos on the little Ice Rocket soon.

Reactions: SPIKE_