Extending Warranty

fafa

Reaction score
So I'm coming up to one year of ownership and I'm being offered an extension to the warranty on my 2013 A6 BiTdi. I've had no sign of any problems and I've added about 8K miles (now nearly 40K), will probably do the same next year so I'm wondering if it's really worth shelling out 400 quid to extend it for another year. I'd have thought that if something was going to go wrong it would have done it by now or it's going to happen when it's a fair bit older. Any thoughts?

its all relative sadly, it only ever works out "worth it" if you use it

if you keep service history with your audi dealer you can push for good will cover. Ive had a couple of bits done foc and ours is a 2012 with 107000 on the clock now.

it's down to your own risk appetite, i bought a used A6 on 60k and got a year free warranty, in that time i had the starter motor, flywheel and air conditioning replaced, saving me about £2k!

i didn't extend it after, and had no problems in 2 years

Thanks for the input, I've decided to spend some money on sorting out the un-slightly kerb marks that my alloys have picked up over the past year by having them stripped and powder coated instead. Fingers crossed nothing goes wrong. I'm sure this will almost guarantee sod's law applying and I'll have some major engine trouble in the next 12 months.

For £400 it isn't much for a second year on my old car Audi want d £1300!