Looking for bolt size and question about droplinks.

Jxly

Reaction score
Not been on here for a while as I've been skint and the car hasn't changed at all. Got round to buying a pair of front springs this week and went to fit them last night. Top strut bolt comes off no bother, the head sheared off the bottom bolt while I was trying to turn it after taking the nut off. After a bit of banging and tapping I managed to get the bolt out but I obviously need a new one. Does anyone know what size it is so I can pick a pair of them up tomorrow? I think it's imperial 1/2 inch but not 100% sure. Also I have to remove the droplink but I couldn't manage that, loosened the top bolt but it wouldn't budge past halfway out without excessive force, do I need to do take the top and bottom bolts out? I figured I could just take the top out and leave it attached at the bottom while the strut is out. Any help appreciated, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is nothing imperial on an Audi... they are all metric (M12x1.5 in this case) and all the bolts are specific hardnesses etc so needs to be correct... considering where the bolt is and what its purpose is you would be best to go to a dealer or TPS for OE bolts... they

As for the droplinks you need to only release one end realistically to remove the strut

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Jxly
just cut the drop links off and replace them - £15 for a pair rather than 7 hours ruining the boots with the silly standard ones with an allen hole in the end all rounded off, when you get new ones make sure they have a spanner fitment instead of allen key

Think I'll get a new pair then and do them next weekend instead. Just means car is off the road again. Still need to get the new dmf. Went to order it on gsf but the FEB48 code expired I guess. Do they do one every month as I saw there was a Jan one somewhere too.

A3 8L 1.8T QUATTRO

Think I'll get a new pair then and do them next weekend instead. Just means car is off the road again. Still need to get the new dmf. Went to order it on gsf but the FEB48 code expired I guess. Do they do one every month as I saw there was a Jan one somewhere too.

A3 8L 1.8T QUATTRO

SPG50 is the discount code for this weekend

A3 8L 1.8T QUATTRO

They do a code every weekend...

<tuffty/>

They do a code every weekend...

<tuffty/>

Notified through email? I've not registered as I thought I might need to use the 30% registration discount if another 50% didn't come up.

A3 8L 1.8T QUATTRO

Yeah... Register for emails and you get one every week... As Shuan said there is a 50% discount this weekend...

<tuffty/>