Aux input stopped working...

Keyz

A3 2.0TDi S Line
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hey guys...

My aux input was working fine when I bought the car a few months back.

I installed a Denison Gateway Pro Bluetooth module which I used for playing music through the box via a USB stick. As it was draining my battery I have since removed it and now my aux input wont work. I bought a new iPod and it will not play anything through the sound system, Concert 2 stereo.

Is there something I'm missing? Do I need to activate it in VCDS??

I have had a look and cannot find anything anywhere including searching forums.

Thanks in advance.

I installed it mate. It was a simple plug and play but I never tried my aux when it was installed as I had a USB stick in the Denison box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It sounds indeed very strange if you should require new coding now, as I guess the Dension did not require any?

Is it just a AUX cable or do you have the Audi Music Interface installed?

No coding involved with Denison. There is no interface only an aux input. I have tried new iPod and my iPhone and another MP3 player and it doesn't pick up anything. Had the radio out again yesterday and checked for loose cables etc but everything is fitted correctly. Very strange.

It's by the side of hand break.
4e03dad7121a1cbcb88a2aa4f7dfea51.jpg
1d978fb484b8fedb68c71dea02d18a5d.jpg

Yes mate it was only the one connector into radio.

Yes it was. Between these...
3b236cb8d3b2847bf26532a467452baa.jpg
8e9f34a489cb86702870d0cdcba81aa5.jpg

I don't have that connector on my radio.

I'm now a little confused as I installed the Bluetooth almost straight away after collecting the car and I'm sure I used the aux in but I might not have so it could possibly be the wrong radio but it doesn't need a code so I assumed it's the correct one that came with the car from new.

I will try VCDS now and see if I need to activate it somewhere, I couldn't see it on Friday but will have another look. Also, will check the cable is connected to aux socket in case its come loose. From looking at the other thread, it seems my green connector is the one for my aux.

Fixed.

It was coded incorrectly, changed it from a 2 to a 1 from MFSW to Aux and it now works. Thanks for the help mate, really appreciated.

I'm having the same issue in my 2008 TT, but I didn't install a denison. Any help would be appreciated

I'm for whatever reason not able to get the white connector out but here's pic otherwise.

Attachments

• 20180703_163200.jpg
    20180703_163200.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 185
I'm for whatever reason not able to get the white connector out but here's pic otherwise.
There should be a clip within the white piece push it in then wiggle it with a good bit off force and it should come away . What type off stereo is that you have ie oem or aftermarket . If oem what one plus what plugs do you have in your car for stereo pocs will help