RS3 SB Allocations

I don't window shop at all mate and your assumption of what kind of person l am is way off the mark when it comes to buying a car nothing Audi have at the moment is worth me parting with £13000 as a deposit then renting for years, simple as that nowt else.as l said l will keep my current car till next March, maybe my next car isn't even a Audi who knows, it maybe a BMW M car?

Ok, no window shopping for me but neither I don't bother looking and putting down plenty of hours in research if its not that I am going to buy or want. Still not understand what is so new for you because you have been so on to get a new FL sedan not a sb, right?

Suddenly everything is "wrong" and no wow and so on, everything has been on the table before for some time now and nothing new or changed.

BMW M car is not cheaper rather more expensive and probably not awd either which is just coming to bigger ones like M5 first, totally different car with tail waving all the time if not awd?

Anyway, good luck in the future and decision is of course what you want :).

Big discounts on the m cars and low Apr tho cause they depreciate like mad.

I had the current M3 for about 3 months before I got the RS3.
IMO the RS3 beats it hands down for everyday usability and chuck ability.M3 feels like a really big car tbh.
Also despite a big discount I lost 7.5K on the M3 in 3mts and 1500 miles
the RS3 lost 4k in 12mts and 14000 miles
I would say the FL RS3 (despite being expensive)will be a good place for car money if you don't already have one.
My name will be down.

Reactions: AudiNutta and RGBARGEE
I had the current M3 for about 3 months before I got the RS3.
IMO the RS3 beats it hands down for everyday usability and chuck ability.M3 feels like a really big car tbh.
Also despite a big discount I lost 7.5K on the M3 in 3mts and 1500 miles
the RS3 lost 4k in 12mts and 14000 miles
I would say the FL RS3 (despite being expensive)will be a good place for car money if you don't already have one.
My name will be down.

You don't have put your name down for one, your RS3 held its value really well for one reason because the new car ain't out yet,it would have taken a larger hit in depreciation if it where out

Have you seen the price of 8p RS3's though, they are holding their money extremely well.

That does bode well for 8v RS3's - time will tell but the Audi RS cars do appear to hold their value much better than Merc AMG's and BMW M cars.

As much as I respect the M3 & M4 I can't say I lust after one, they just don't appeal in the same way as the Audi cars do for me plus there is no way I would want a car that is rear wheel drive, I like the security of quattro now and not just for snow. In wet conditions the 4 wheel drive makes such a difference to traction.

I've had a BMW 330i and Nissan 350z in years gone by so I have sampled rear wheel drive, but much prefer 4WD.
Audi make the best looking cars inside & out too IMO.

Have you seen the price of 8p RS3's though, they are holding their money extremely well.

That does bode well for 8v RS3's - time will tell but the Audi RS cars do appear to hold their value much better than Merc AMG's and BMW M cars.

As much as I respect the M3 & M4 I can't say I lust after one, they just don't appeal in the same way as the Audi cars do for me plus there is no way I would want a car that is rear wheel drive, I like the security of quattro now and not just for snow. In wet conditions the 4 wheel drive makes such a difference to traction.

I've had a BMW 330i and Nissan 350z in years gone by so I have sampled rear wheel drive, but much prefer 4WD.
Audi make the best looking cars inside & out too IMO.

Yes mate the 8p holds it value well all RS3's do but the current cars residuals will drop a bit once the newer cars are up and running and l agree with Audi making the best interiors, the S4/S5's are off the scale,but they are large heavy cars with no significant increase in performance over a S3 ergo lies the dilemma jumping to one,as l said l think waiting till the end of this year then ordering a car is the logical thing to do as all Audi's RS cars will be available to view and drive if my son does go to do BMW l will see what's available there, just keeping my options open that's all

Yes mate the 8p holds it value well all RS3's do but the current cars residuals will drop a bit once the newer cars are up and running and l agree with Audi making the best interiors, the S4/S5's are off the scale,but they are large heavy cars with no significant increase in performance over a S3 ergo lies the dilemma jumping to one,as l said l think waiting till the end of this year then ordering a car is the logical thing to do as all Audi's RS cars will be available to view and drive if my son does go to do BMW l will see what's available there, just keeping my options open that's all

Yeah if you do have serious doubts about the Audi then no point ordering one blind - best to test drive and then order if after that you did like the car. Otherwise, look at the alternatives and go with the one that suits when the time is right. At least you know that when you do find the right car you can hit the order button. If you did like the bimmer & could get a stonking deal then of course that does open up more options. Will be very interesting to see & hear your comments as your new car venture unfolds.

Reactions: Jassyo06
The current RS3 will hold its value well because it sounds better than the FL RS3...

I told you I was biased now that I'm an owner! ;)

Reactions: AudiNutta, Terminator x, Snake Pliskin and 2 others
What's with all this 'stating the bleeding obvious' as John Cleese would say.

Jassy has said quote ...'but the current cars residuals will drop a bit once the newer cars are up and running' ..???? Of course they will! I anticipate losing £3-400 a month and there are no new cars up and running yet so.. in 6 months time if my car is worth £2-3k less that is fine by me!

What's with all this 'stating the bleeding obvious' as John Cleese would say.

Jassy has said quote ...'but the current cars residuals will drop a bit once the newer cars are up and running' ..???? Of course they will! I anticipate losing £3-400 a month and there are no new cars up and running yet so.. in 6 months time if my car is worth £2-3k less that is fine by me!

No need to be defensive as l wasn't being derogatory to the current car just stating a fact,my S3 took a slight hit in depreciation when the facelift arrived that's all

The current RS3 will hold its value well because it sounds better than the FL RS3...

I told you I was biased now that I'm an owner! ;)

We can't compare the sound of both cars until we have driven them, but the engine in the ttrs did sound different but extremely loud in my opinion

We can't compare the sound of both cars until we have driven them, but the engine in the ttrs did sound different but extremely loud in my opinion

Maybe it sounded louder because it was a roadster mate - even with the fabric roof up.
I am surprised how much sound is muffled when you have the windows closed in the RS3.
Open the windows and the sound is amplified significantly.
Open the door too (yes when you are stationary lol) and its quite surprising how loud these cars are from the outiside.
You will get that more or less all the time with a roadster which will have much less sound deadening with a fabric roof and no back seats etc so closer to the exhaust too.

Maybe it sounded louder because it was a roadster mate - even with the fabric roof up.
I am surprised how much sound is muffled when you have the windows closed in the RS3.
Open the windows and the sound is amplified significantly.
Open the door too (yes when you are stationary lol) and its quite surprising how loud these cars are from the outiside.
You will get that more or less all the time with a roadster which will have much less sound deadening with a fabric roof and no back seats etc so closer to the exhaust too.
Exactly mate,there was also a lot wind noise with the roof up as well,but that car wasn't worth £59k it looked nothing inside but saying that it was your typical poorly maintained demonstrator
This was it when new

IMG 20161129 WA0005
IMG 20161129 WA0006

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Exactly mate,there was also a lot wind noise with the roof up as well,but that car wasn't worth £59k it looked nothing inside but saying that it was your typical poorly maintained demonstrator
This was it when new

View attachment 119936 View attachment 119938

Jesus that looks epic !!!
Those alloys are really nice too - better than the gash ones seen on all the early publicity shots.
The TT is quite stark on the inside - I know that from ours - and looks very minimal, but it does grow on you.
The design does feel very modern, but yeah you do wonder where all the moooooolar £ goes and more so on an RS !
Like you say though and seen it many times myself, demo cars are used & abused, even the really expensive ones.
I had an A7 the other week for just under a week and I really wanted to clean it on the weekend - but resisted lol :)
It was a lovely car (£60k worth) and was crying out for some TLC.

I was disappointed when I seen a TTRS in the flesh. Wheels don't do it for me and they seemed far too inset at the rear...it needs to be more squat.

You don't have put your name down for one, your RS3 held its value really well for one reason because the new car ain't out yet,it would have taken a larger hit in depreciation if it where out
Long time dead, can't take it with you etc.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

But you can leave it to your kids...

Reactions: Radman
What if you don't have any ;)

TX.

Reactions: Radman, Jassyo06, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
What if you think there yours,but there not really :sign omg:

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Terminator x
I'm saying nothing mate.
Anyway....RS

@jassyo06 ....I understand your reasoning for kissing off the RS3 and to be honest my FL S3 has enough power for my driving style and roads. There are not many other cars that I liked when I did my research/test drives and from Audi it was the S5, but it had two doors, too big and was pricey. I really like the new S5 Sportback (coupe) and that or more likely a new S3 when it is released in 2- 3 years would be on my radar list. There i s not much out there as of this date that I think will whet your appetite. The new Alpha Romeo is a looker and has great reviews, but service and reliability???
Congrats to your son on his new position, but I would not be seen dead in a Bimmer.

@jassyo06 ....I understand your reasoning for kissing off the RS3 and to be honest my FL S3 has enough power for my driving style and roads. There are not many other cars that I liked when I did my research/test drives and from Audi it was the S5, but it had two doors, too big and was pricey. I really like the new S5 Sportback (coupe) and that or more likely a new S3 when it is released in 2- 3 years would be on my radar list. There i s not much out there as of this date that I think will whet your appetite. The new Alpha Romeo is a looker and has great reviews, but service and reliability???
Congrats to your son on his new position, but I would not be seen dead in a Bimmer.

Lol neither would l to be honest mate,its not written in stone yet as to whether he is definitely leaving"he wants to",but if he does he will buy a Audi and so will l,we are both Audi Fan boys big time...lol,the alfa is £63k plus figure that one on a Fiat pcp deal...besides that's its in THE NEW RS5 price bracket and for me thats the best looking Audi in years lol,been looking at the "Oman Saudi launch" videos on Youtube and l am still not convinced that the Saloon makes the transition over to a RS car as well as the Sportback does,looks great as a S3 but the RS3 saloon does'nt look any better than a S3 Saloon..ie no really noticeable extention of the front wheel arches,although l hear they are, but are very subtle,also the lower sills are identical to the S3 saloon they aint extended like in the RS3 Sportbacks.....food for thought me thinks,what ever one l chose it will be ordered this October

Reactions: Radman, Snake Pliskin and Flying Scotsman
My wife has the PFL S3 saloon which does look great, saloon looks good full stop. I agree though that the RS3 saloon doesn't look different enough for some reason.

TX.

Reactions: AudiNutta, Bristle Hound, Radman and 1 other person