Installed my new AUDI CLEAR MOUNT PHONE HOLDER!

I like that mate and good vid.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and TimWills28
Nice! I'm loving mine as well. Works perfect with my Airlift controller

5edf4d9a3433d710e1399fc88a2d5e3a.jpg

Reactions: Rob2k68
My Clearmount arrived today, and was fitted in 5 minutes. Fits perfectly and no import tax paid

@Clearmounts

1845aed5e5896f12ee547f0ef3a32d12.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: millsy4002, pastey and TimWills28
I like the look of this mount. But how strong is magnet?

Is it strong enough for our pot-hole ridden British roads? And can it cope with a fast start?

AL

I like the look of this mount. But how strong is magnet?

Is it strong enough for our pot-hole ridden British roads? And can it cope with a fast start?

AL

Yes mate, all of that...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: AL_B
Magnets on these are SOLID

Definitely recommend

I have one of these and can agree with others that it is very good.
However, I am waiting on a new car to be built and will be selling my clearmount in the next few months.
Keep your eyes open if you're interested.

I had a similar vent one for my pug 307 but got rid of it as you cant use magnets as wireless charging wont work

Had mine a few weeks now and nothing but impressed.

Anyone any suggestions where I can get some more sticky metal plates without having to order from Canada?

Your not even allowed to touch your phone while on a mount is that correct ?

Your not even allowed to touch your phone while on a mount is that correct ?
That is correct. The best place for a mobile phone is in the armrest or glove box, totally out of sight and the ability to play with it. Quite what the position is if you are using the phone through the MMI and you are involved in a serious accident and the police check to see if were using your phone at the time of the accident I don't know. Personally I think making a call using a phone through the MMI when you are driving is just as dangerous as using a hand-held mobile. All calls should be made when you are stopped and with the engine turned off. Just answering a call through the MMI is probably not quite as bad but it still means you are trying to concentrate on the phone call as well as driving. Not a good combination.

Quite what the position is if you are using the phone through the MMI and you are involved in a serious accident and the police check to see if were using your phone at the time of the accident I don't know.
This is a very interesting point I've never thought about. They could very easily assume you were talking with the phone to your head, rather than using the handsfree in the car... Hmm

I have a pretty large phone (Galaxy s8+)... I'm worried it might cover the pop up display? The mount looks great though... How thick is the magnet on the phone? Would it fit with the phone inside a thin case?

Thinking about the cradle holder if not...!

I have an iPhone 6 in a thin Spigen case and the metal plate fits inside the case without any problem. I didn't use the adhesive backing - the pressure of the case keeps the plate in place. You can adjust the position of the plate so that when the phone is attached to the magnet on the Clearmount it doesn't obscure the display.

I have an iPhone 6 in a thin Spigen case and the metal plate fits inside the case without any problem. I didn't use the adhesive backing - the pressure of the case keeps the plate in place. You can adjust the position of the plate so that when the phone is attached to the magnet on the Clearmount it doesn't obscure the display.

Ahh nice, yeah I have a Spigen thin on too, probably same case I guess.. Keep the magnet slightly higher then? Cheers, might go for the magnetic one then.. Low profile over the swivel?

how long do these guys usually take to deliver (UK)?

Just to clarify - the circular magnet is part of the Clearmount mount, the thin plate is steel or something similar. Yes, simply adjust the position of the plate inside the phone case depending on how high you want the phone to sit on the Clearmount magnet. I went for low profile rather than swivel mount - the iPhone screen is perfectly visible from the driving position. Delivery was a couple of weeks, and I did get stung for import duty!

I have a pretty large phone (Galaxy s8+)... I'm worried it might cover the pop up display? The mount looks great though... How thick is the magnet on the phone? Would it fit with the phone inside a thin case?

Thinking about the cradle holder if not...!

I have an iPhone 6s Plus. I guess its around the size of the S8 right? Mine fits ok. Does seem a bit big. I have an Apple leather case on mine and just fits but its the air vents you have to watch out for. The height is fine cos you just put the magnet up or down, however it will either be so high its in the view of the MMI or so low that its blocking the emergency lights button! Haven't really found a good in-between! The width of it for me is a bit visually weird! check my photo below!

Screen Shot 2017 04 26 at 170808

Last edited:
Might be worth cutting a paper template to the size of the Galaxy S8+ and see how it would sit between the air vents.

Nice one, just before I place the order, it'll fit fine on a Saloon I guess, not sure if the dash is different on an A3/Sportback to a Saloon...?

Doubt it. seems the same. Just for contrast with my earlier photo, here is the girlfriends iPhone 5s. you can see what i was talking about with the edges and height. The 6s Plus is fine and you can still wiggle the vents around but it does go over the gloss black trim of the edges of the vent. Iv just got the iPhone 7 and not gone for a Plus cos its just too big.

Screen Shot 2017 04 26 at 171653

Hmm, the s8+ is the same height as the iphone, but a bit thinner which might help..

@testcard i'm the other way round atm, i have the phone, but the car won't be here till tomorrow! I'll hold fire and see what the phone looks like between those vents first. Cheers guys

Reactions: Ormesome
Just ordered it! Realised that I actually like to use both the MMI sat nav and google maps at the same time as they usually give different route suggestions. One isn't always better than the other atm..

Reactions: Ormesome, zippster and TimWills28
Fantastic mount! i have one of these for grabs in the UK if anyone interested :)

Reactions: v1raj
I bought the slightly different magnetic swivel mount one (same design as clear mounts but the magnet mount can swivel) from Emanuelle Design in US....use it for iPhone 6s and its perfect as the phone sticks out further than the fixed one (away from the vents) and you can adjust it to your height....only thing I find when driving faster is the phone spins around a bit....and you have to tighten the swivel magnet right up or the weight makes it drop. Great phone holder

Mine arrived today. Took 2 minutes to install, very happy with it!
822f38c5bc2631e4d1d7f6c5be3a2e63.jpg

Reactions: TimWills28
That is correct. The best place for a mobile phone is in the armrest or glove box, totally out of sight and the ability to play with it. Quite what the position is if you are using the phone through the MMI and you are involved in a serious accident and the police check to see if were using your phone at the time of the accident I don't know. Personally I think making a call using a phone through the MMI when you are driving is just as dangerous as using a hand-held mobile. All calls should be made when you are stopped and with the engine turned off. Just answering a call through the MMI is probably not quite as bad but it still means you are trying to concentrate on the phone call as well as driving. Not a good combination.
Quite right, I can never understand the need to mount a phone for any reason. It makes it too tempting to use and it clutters up the dash. Mine stays in my pocket out the way. Nissan has also developed a car mobile phone disabling device https://www.eta.co.uk/2017/05/04/nissan-offers-drivers-option-to-disable-mobile-phones/

Quite right, I can never understand the need to mount a phone for any reason. It makes it too tempting to use and it clutters up the dash. Mine stays in my pocket out the way. Nissan has also developed a car mobile phone disabling device https://www.eta.co.uk/2017/05/04/nissan-offers-drivers-option-to-disable-mobile-phones/

Sat nav, nothing else. Traffic on my way home from work gets a bit mad and I use a combo of the onboard sat nav and google maps on my phone to pick and choose a way home. Anyone who gives in to temptation to start sending whatsapp messages while driving needs to take a long hard look at themselves.

Reactions: Ormesome