A3 tdi (8l) Quattro

Austineer

King of cabs ;)
Reaction score
After many years of searching for the car iv wanted iv finally own one...

In had a3s of the last 14 years, my present one 10, but have always wanted the Quattro. looking at various sites off and on for the last four years or so without much luck, been too see a few, that turned out dogs or overpriced crap...

then last week found a car that ticked all the boxes, Denim Blue, same colour as my own car!, S3 trim, a/c, Sunroof, bodykit, and even the removable tow bar! it was everything i looked for, but 230 miles away in Manchester! Spoke the the guy over the phone and done a deal blind, not something id recomend myself, but was just something i had too do, itys now sat on the drive waiting for me too sort out a few things, and give it a service, impressive car and very pleased with it....

How many people on here own one? there quiter a rare car in there own rights?

Iv also for the a3 (8l) Quattro owners set up a facebook group for those interested

A3 TDI (8l) Quattro Owners look it up :)

Reactions: vanilla_ice
Welcome to the forum - it's crazy you have been so meticulous with your selection process then bought one in the end without seeing it - when you knew it was the one.

It would be interesting to see some pictures I assume it has been modified as they are only 127bhp if 1.9 TDI (130 ps) Quattro Sport. Which sounds like a lot in 2000 as it was the same as Vauxhall Cavalier SRi

Hi thanks,
Its remapped too 170bhp, as is mine. Do run far better, and better on fuel iv found anyway with my non Q one..
No pics as yet, my phone crashed last night, and lost everything......
I made a quick start with it this afternoon, after I finished work, scrubbed the headlinging, door side cards etc, hovered carpets, ready for some deep cleaning.. new floor mates waiting too be fitted.. found that the turbo Actuator has been snapped so explains the boost issue, but easy too put right.. im sure iv got plenty too keep me going so far, t/belts , service etc..........

Here you go, pulled it off fbk :)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    92.9 KB · Views: 157
Looks nice bud, I've seen mostly five door tdi Quattro's, not many three doors, much nicer I think, enjoy it.

Indeed, didn't want a 5 door, always have had 3 door a3s. More parts ordered, will be taking them alloys off and fitting too my old one before I sell that on, I've got the proper q sport Bolerios too fit into it :) getting there slowly