Done the BBK , where do i go now....

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Well I've done the BBK upgrade now and although its early days (hours actually) it think its excellent and does actually work as good as it looks......
So i'm allways looking for other mods to add or improve the old bus....I've got the hofele front bumper siting ready to fit in the spring , wanted to fit it sooner but with the crappy wether it seems to be a pointless exercise at present' also have some oem S4 door blades to go on at the same time so that's pretty covered my bodywork mods for the foreseeable future.

I would like to fit brembo's to the rears aswell but not 100% sure they are the best route to take, need to see what else is on the market and get some recommendations.

I'm allways looking at changing alloys and think I've finally found a set of rims that I've been looking to fit for sometime
also going to change to RS4 door mirrors, not because I'm trying to be a wanna be rs4 , I just like the Rs4 door mirror styling .

So I think that's my next two items , rims and mirrors, as on the pic below.
S4

Reactions: James.c and THQuattro
they are A8 alloys and 20" , I did have a set of 18" 9 spoke rs4 reps last year which I liked but they just didn't look as good as these , the 20" ones have thinner looking spokes than 18" versions and that's why I prefer the 20" look.

had these on last year...they were nice but looked a bit too chunky , on the rials now which look much bigger than an 18" rim , but still would like a set of the 20" a8's , they look so much better than the 18" version.
Mt6

At the moment bog standard s-line dampers with H&R 45 mm springs , I've kinda decided to replace all the dampers soon anyway as they are probably getting a bit tired now even though the cars only done 57k , so may go with just some decent quality damper and reuse my H&R springs or may go coilovers but decent quality ones....I like the ride height as it is now to be honest so that may sway my choice to be honest.

this pic is as the car is now with the 45 mm springs the other pic above with the 9 spokes was standard s-line drop.
Au7

But if I do manage to get the A8's then it will be like this....
A412

Yeah that does look bang on! You should definitely do it! There are a set on eBay! :yahoo:

Did you do the b5 perches as well or is that completely stock shocks? I'm going h&r 45s for mine now. Original plan was vogtland could but after the timing chain tensioner I'm on the cheap.

just the springs , I did buy a set of perches but decided against using them , sold them to james on this forum, don't think he's fitted them either.lol